+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rookie Here!

Default Rookie Here!

I just downloaded my software and am excited to begin! Not sure where to start! It can all be so overwhelming. Any tips!

Hi - start simple and then work up to more complicated layouts. Look thru the gallery for inspiration. Scraplifting is lots of fun - that is looking at a layout and doing something similar.
    Also be sure to check out the challenges - always good fun and great for learning also.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome to the forum. I would have to agree with Carena. I would think the challanges would also be good insperation and practice.

When I started, I bought the kits that were on special and they came with templates. I started by playing with these, and that really boosted my confidence and got me familiar with the tools. I also started browsing the gallery & challenges and "stealing with my eye". Every time I saw something I liked, whether it was a layout or technique, I'd try to copy it. I learnt soo much that way. I loved posting my layouts for every time I entered a challenge or posted a layout everyone was sooo positive that I felt great and couldn't wait to try another. . . Give it a go, you'll see, it's loads of fun . . . So come on, we can't wait to have you join us in the challenges. It's a great way to learn and get all sorts of free goodies too
    Best wishes always,
    Daydreamer