+ Reply to Thread

Default Easy way to see pages side by side

It would be nice to be able to view two pages together. I am planning on printing out my scrapbook and I would like to be able to view the double page spread together and verify that things line up etc. I know I can use the rulers along the sides but I still would like to be able to have the visual of them together.

Thanks for the suggestion! A way to edit pages side by side is on our (very long) todo list.

For now you can use the Print Preview feature to see two pages side by side: choose File > Print Preview from the menu, and then click the Two Pages button at the top.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes that would be great Lorne!!!! I do the preview already, thank you.

I guess I'm a bit unconventional. When scrapping a double pager, what I do is change the page settings . . . So if I'm doing a 12x12 layout, I adjust the width to 24inch, keeping the height 12. My rulers guide me as to where the middle is. I then scrap the 2 pages side by side. When I'm done & happy with the effect of my 2 page layout (side by side), I duplicate the page then delete one page on each (for the left page - delete the right and vice versa). When I'm done I change the settings back to 12x12. . . and hey presto I have my 2 pages/layouts and know that it looks great together.
    There may be an easier way. . . Let's hear what the other scrappers say . . .

Great idea so that you can work on both together and make changes as you go. Sounds like a much better idea that just to keep looking at the preview. Smart thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I guess I'm a bit unconventional. When scrapping a double pager, what I do is change the page settings . . . So if I'm doing a 12x12 layout, I adjust the width to 24inch, keeping the height 12. My rulers guide me as to where the middle is. I then scrap the 2 pages side by side. When I'm done & happy with the effect of my 2 page layout (side by side), I duplicate the page then delete one page on each (for the left page - delete the right and vice versa). When I'm done I change the settings back to 12x12. . . and hey presto I have my 2 pages/layouts and know that it looks great together.
    There may be an easier way. . . Let's hear what the other scrappers say . . .

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

I agree this would be very useful! When I paper scrap that's almost always how I work, while the work arounds suggested are ways to do it, they're not that convenient.