X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToniNZ
    • Jul 2006

Making an embellishment

I was hoping someone could tell me how, or maybe direct me to a tutorial somewhere on how I would create an embellishment cut from a photo or scan and put it on a transparent background - I have an old version of photoshop elements to work with.
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Hi Toni....

I have version 2, and this is how I was able to do it. Open the image, click on the magic wand that is on the tool bar at the left of the work area. Now click somewhere on the background you want to delete. Go to Layers, New, Background from Layer and click yes, then hit the delete button on your key board.

You should now have a transparent background, with the white and grey checkerboard background showing. Go to Select and click Deselect. Go to File, Save as, click on the arrow and select png.

You may have to repeat some of this steps depending on the image and how much of the background you need to delete, but these are the basic steps. I have never done this before tonight, so someone else may have a better way of doing it.

I'm glad you asked though, because I just learned something new.

Please let me know if any of this rambling helped.

Have fun.

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• ToniNZ
      • Jul 2006

Thanks Granny, I am embarrassed to say how many weeks I have been struggling to do that fiddling with the programme - so easy when you know how, I now have a load of new alphabets freed from their white backdrops and will have another go with photo elements shortly - without the clear colour distinction I am having more difficulty but I will succeed THANK YOU - your help is really appreciated.

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

Toni, sorry if I made it sound too easy, or embarrased you. The only reason I could figure it out so quick, is because I use several other image editors that work basically the same way, and I only learned those from tutorials. I did not intent to make it sound like I'm a wiz, God only knows I'm sadly lacking in the brains department.

But, I'm glad I was able to help a little. Any time I can be of service, please let me know. I have looked at your layouts in the gallery, and you do some seriously beautiful work. Glad to have you here in the forum.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Granny
        sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• poppabob
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ToniNZ View Post
          I was hoping someone could tell me how, or maybe direct me to a tutorial somewhere on how I would create an embellishment cut from a photo or scan and put it on a transparent background - I have an old version of photoshop elements to work with.
          Maybe this may be of some help too.
          -=poppabob=-
          If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• GrannyScraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2006

Granny, between you and poppabob, we're gonna get ALL this stuff figgered out..... you two are simply a wealth of information..... and I'm so happy you are both willing to share!!!
            God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Thank you ma'am.... We aim to please!

Granny
              sigpic

Comment

• ToniNZ
                • Jul 2006

Thank you both, I am on a roll now, getting the hang of it. I really appreciate your time to help us all learn and enjoy this hobby even more.

Comment

• eye
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

great

Originally posted by poppabob View Post
                  Maybe this may be of some help too.
                  Will save that site as in time I may want to do this as well. Thank you
                  sigpic
                  My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                  X