+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 7.4 Earthquake Hits New Zealand

This morning my home - New Zealand was hit by an 7.4 earthquake centered near Christchurch at approx 4.30 am this morning 4th Sept 2010.

CNN News Report here
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/as...VngZ&wom=false

There has been nothing else on TV today but news on it all day. Strange enough that we here in Nelson, didn't feel the earthquake at all, nor any of the after shocks. We are just between 4 - 5 hours drive from Christchurch.

Even more lucky to date - there has been no deaths. There are many still without water and power and there is bad weather expected to come.
    Anyway - just thought I'd post here and just let you all know - that I'm fine where I am.
    They have banned people coming into the city area tonight and that police will be enforcing that. I hope they can restore things quickly down in Christchurch (3rd largest city in New Zealand). They are still getting after shocks - some between 4 and 5 the scale - so still pretty serious and combined with damage from this morning - more buildings could come tumbling down.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

CNN Link

CNN News Report here
    Kind wishes from Carena

Oh I am so glad you are safe.Hope no one gets hurt in this quake.Keep us informed.xo.We are just getting into a hurricane and boy I hope all goes well.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Happy to hear that you and your family are OK, prayers are coming that it will stay that way.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Carena so glad you and yours are safe. Eye just watched the news and you are getting some rough weather there. Hope you are tucked in safe and sound.
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

You were the first person I thought of when I heard the news of the Earthquake, so I am relieved to know that you and your family are OK.

Carena, I'm glad you and your love ones are fine. Sorry that the other folks lost material things, but those can be replaced. Life is the most important thing. Please keep us posted.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

One interesting thing happened - Most babies born in Christchurch hopital on a saturday - ever. Must have shaken more than the buildings up.
    They have had wind and rain overnight - trees down and power cut again because of the storm - they really didn't need this at this time. Central business city area is still closed - and schools are closed until Wednesday at this stage - this will make some of the kids happy no doubt. LOL.
    People are pulling together down in Christchurch - there isn't much I can do from where I am but I'm sure they will get things sorted out as soon as they can.
    Kind wishes from Carena

Saw it on the news. Glad you are ok. Hope things are back in order soon/

I am thankful that you and your loved ones are safe, and praying for those in Christchurch who are affected by this.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35