+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default September 2010 (2-14) Designer Challenge hosted by SBM Members

We are havin' an extremely busy September amongst all us designers, so I am gonna jump in on the September designer challenge and make ya'lls do a challenge amongst yourselves! I'm gonna give you the basics and you guys take it from there. Okay?!

1. You MUST use the color palette provided below. You MUST use at least THREE (3) of the colors, but feel free to use all of them. White and black included, of course. Right-click and save to your computer.

2. Visit the SBM Gallery and SCRAPLIFT a layout that YOU like and use that layout idea to make a page. Tell us whose layout you used by providing the gallery link to their layout (link only for theirs so we don't get confused with too many images). Upload your layout to the gallery AND copy/paste the image link in THIS THREAD so we can see your layout. (Use the middle "Linked Image" code below your uploaded layout.) You may use ANY papers/embellishments you wish -- just remember to PROVIDE CREDIT where due.

3. When you post your layout in this thread, at the same time, CHALLENGE YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS to make a change to the layout YOU MADE so they can make a new layout. Yes, come up with an IDEA... ANY IDEA... to challenge your fellow members in creating a new layout. For instance... challenge them in the type of photos they use, the wording, their journaling, the embellishments they use... there's no limit to the possibilities!

4. The ONLY EXCEPTION is that EVERY LAYOUT throughout this challenge MUST use at least THREE (3) colors from the provided color palette.

Yes, this will get SEVERAL ideas and layouts going at once, so you all will have SEVERAL choices and fun things to do!

All righty! Let's see whatcha got!

sept2010-designerchallenge-colorpalette.jpg

P. S. "Surprise" for those who participate. *wink*
    Last edited by knzus; 09-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Had a ball with this one. Played around and made stuff using all the colors. My layout is called Young Photographers

Scraplifted Kimberly I Love You layout by Emst.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Wow Maureen, it's absolutely loveley. Great choice
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Okay, here's mine. I was inspired by Bekah_E BLE_Beautiful Moments layout. I used Carena's lovely Spring Meadow kit.

Here's Bekah's layout that inspired me.

I challenge you all to create a layout using this same inspiration with other colors from the pallette.

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Okay, I tried to change my layout but time had expired. Here's the one I really wanted to use. Not that it matters that much. I just wanted to dress it up a little more. I challenged myself, how about that?

Last edited by lindaathome; 09-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Like the extra dressing up, Linda, layout is very pretty with all the colors against the black background.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Great job Linda, the red flowers really bring out the pic too!

Wowwwwwwww, you guys have done such a great job with this challenge! Totally LOVE the new layouts you made from the scraplifted ideas. Such a wonderful job sticking to the palette -- and your creativity is so INSPIRING! BRAVO!!
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

I scraplifted Christine S's tuckered Out

I used Mary's purple scrap, Steve's rickrack,Carena's flowers and cluster and my BG papers and bow

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Oops posted the wrong layout- this one the one with the paler colours.
    This is the one I intended to post.
    Last edited by ValerieElaine; 09-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole