+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If your template consists of PNG files the entire size of the page (e.g. 2400x2400 pixels) then you should really crop them before adding them to SBM as embellishments.

You can perform the cropping in SBM, however in the current version (2.0.5.1) doing so will dramatically reduce the quality of those embellishments when optimized during exporting, because of the dramatic difference in size between the cropped object and the original image file (which is mostly blank transparent space).

In the next update to SBM, the "Optimize embellishments" feature will permanently apply any cropping that has been done to embellishments, so you will be able to perform the cropping within SBM with no problems when you export to a template. However I'd still recommend cropping the image files externally.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Lorne,

Thanks for your help. Then if I summarize it's better to build from scratch the template in Scrapbook MAX! and not to try to use png files at the size of the page. That's OK. It's how I've made my template.

Now I have another question...

I can remove photos... but is there a way to remove the paper scraps? ie the papers on the shapes :-)

Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by KapiColors View Post
    I can remove photos... but is there a way to remove the paper scraps? ie the papers on the shapes :-)
    Not from within the program, but it is possible in a kind of tricky way...you have to edit the XML data in the project itself.

I'm not sure why you'd want someone to be able to select a paper scrap instead of a photo, but I've made a small tool you can use if you want to strip the image from a paper scrap.

I just threw this together in 5 minutes so no guarantees. You might want to make a backup of your project first before you use this.

To use it:
    1. Select the paper scrap that you want to clear the image from. Make sure there is only one paper scrap selected!
    2. Choose Edit > Cut (or press Ctrl+X). This will put the object's XML data into the clipboard.
    3. Run the attached program. It will modify the XML data in the clipboard. THERE IS NO WAY TO UNDO THIS.
    4. Return to Scrapbook MAX! and choose Edit > Paste (or press Ctrl+V). If everything worked, this will put the object back onto the page with the pattern image removed.
    Hopefully this won't ruin your project or start random fires in your sock drawer but if it does it's not my fault. Proceed at your own risk.
    Attached Files
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Hi Lorne!

If I ask it's only because if I share a template I want to be sure that it won't include papers from additional kits (provided as an option) or external kits that I'm not allowed to share.

The other solution would be to use only the papers provided with the SBM license but I'm not sure to know which ones they are :-)

I could make a try of your tool. But before I would make a copy of the project by "safety" :-)

Thanks for your help.

Hi!

My very last question.
    I have then created a template from my "own" paper scraps.
    Then if I provide the .sm2t file... will have the users to save it in the proper directory ie C:\Users\username\Documents\Scrapbook MAX! 2.0\Templates
    or they can save it on the desktop and a simple double click on the .sm2t file will intall it in this directory
    C:\Users\username\Documents\Scrapbook MAX! 2.0\Templates
    ?

Thank you for your patience.

Hi gang. I am very new and have found some great templates on the web that I want to customize with my scrapbookmax software. They are offering the template with a variety of extenstions but I am not sure which one to chose to upload to my computer and then to scrapbook max. If I understand SBM would be best and not PNG? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderskiss View Post
    Hi gang. I am very new and have found some great templates on the web that I want to customize with my scrapbookmax software. They are offering the template with a variety of extenstions but I am not sure which one to chose to upload to my computer and then to scrapbook max. If I understand SBM would be best and not PNG? Right?
    Hello!

Scrapbook MAX! (SBM) has its own format.

Yes, it's better to use SBM templates... but there are not so many available as freebie... The most common formats are PNG and PSD.

The best thing to do... well to my mind... is to load the template image as a photo within your design space and then that would help you to recreate the template with the shapes offered in SBM... so you'll get a native file.

BTW - I offer some SBM templates as freebie.

And after you have plenty nice templates in the SBM store :-)

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine