+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Template tutoring??

I have absolutely no clue how to get the templates to work. I get the idea of it being a layout that we can fill in with our own choice of papers and embells but when I pull a template up, it wont let me click on the individual spaces. Just hold it as if it was a gray sheet of paper.
    -Can templates be used from other sites or just SM with the SM program?
    -Do I need to place them in a certain file to be able to get them to open properly?

I feel like I am missing something obvious but I have tried everything I could think of.

Help?

I'm guessing no one can help me?

The only type of templates that work with ScrapbookMax is those with extensions of .smt. Those that are made for PSE or PSP, with .psd extension do not work in this program.

Have a feeling you were trying to use a .psd template in the Scrapbook Max program and that' why you could not do anything with it.

If the designer who made the .psd template also gives you all the individual .png files, then those can be used with papers as a shape.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Second the above - PSD templates won't work in Max Software. If they supply the png's for it, they can be converted to shapes in Max software but it's a little complicated for a newbie. They have to be converted into black and white and saved.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Carena, I've used the .pngs as shapes even when they are in other colors. Think that might have been another one of the marvelous improvements in SBM. Don't have to convert them anymore.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Quote Originally Posted by makeyesup View Post
    Carena, I've used the .pngs as shapes even when they are in other colors. Think that might have been another one of the marvelous improvements in SBM. Don't have to convert them anymore.
    Oh really - Didn't know that - thanks for the telling me. Hugs.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thank you so much!! At least now I know

Hello!

I haven't look at the forum at this section to convert my templates in the SBM format. I was almost sure that the use of the png files was the only solution.

OK. I have recreated my template and export it as a SBM file...

But now I want to test it (the exported file) but I have no idea how to load it in SBM :-) I'm not very fond of templates. I'd like to create my own ones.

My idea is to convert some of the ones I have to offer them.

So if someone could tell me how to load it? I'm trying to load the .sbm file (the result of my export...) but perhaps I should simply use my page in the project (I mean the one on which I have opened the png files)??? and I'm also I'm looking for someone to test my templates in SBM before sharing them :-)

Thanks!

KapiColors

KapiScrap or KapiColors aka Sandrine
    You can find my products in the SBM STORE! Have a look. Thanks!

Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 templates are .sm2t files, not .sbm files.

SBM files are the the original project files.

When you export an album as a template, it will create a .sm2t file and a screenshot.jpg file. You can install a template by double-clicking on that .sm2t file.

(When you export a template, it's automatically installed for you, so you don't have to double-click on it after you export it.)

Installed templates show up as themes when you create a new album in Scrapbook MAX, for example by choosing "Create a new project" in the welcome screen, or by choosing File > New from the program menu.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Sure. I meant SBM files, not the extension :-) I've found it in the list of themes.

I do believe that if my template doesn't work properly it's because I have added the png files on the page as I would add embellishments and then resize them...

And the correct way to do that is to add paper scrap and choose the shape (I mean the png file). Is it correct?

But if I perform this way I lose the position of my shapes on the pages? I wanted to "automate" the conversion :-)

Thank you for your advices.

KapiScrap or KapiColors aka Sandrine
    You can find my products in the SBM STORE! Have a look. Thanks!