X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hmschoolmom
    • Oct 2008

Totally frustrated!!!!!

I haven't scrapped in a loooong time, finally decided yesterday that it's time to start back up again, clicked on my Scrapbook Max 2.0 version, it did an update...tried to start a layout and kept either getting an error message and then it would shut down everything or it would just lock up my computer and then shut down!

I've tried everything - made several changes to my computer, even went back to my original Scrapbook Max 1.0 version, which worked for a bit and then before the layout was complete - "Scrapbook Max has encountered a problem, we must shut down application" and BOOM! everything was gone!!!!!!

What do I do? how can this be resolved? I have read the boards and it seems that LOTS of people are having similar problems. Is this something that is being addressed? being worked on currently? do we need to have new software sent to us to download again? is this a glitch in the system? I would really like some answers.

Thank you.
    Lisa Dale
    proudly designing for Scribble Scrabble
    and proud to be a Digital Scrapper
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I suggest that you first try uninstalling and then reinstalling Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 again. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks!
    Karin

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

Most of the issues were solved after the update on the new version. Make sure you update the program. I am sure that will help.

Comment

• hmschoolmom
        • Oct 2008

I updated to the latest version and that's when all the troubles started.

I'll try and reload the cd again...I hope like crazy that it works!!
        Lisa Dale

Comment

• workingjo3
          Mad Scrapper
          • Sep 2006

The 1st update messed everything up. The 2nd update fixes everything.
          Hugs Jo

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

Lisa, the latest version has a patch available. It is not on the CD. So you can manually update it to get the patch that fixes everything. you should have version 2.0.5.1
            While in your program, go to help/update. That should solve your problems.

Comment

• hmschoolmom
              • Oct 2008

2.0.5.1 is the version that I have...I just updated it on Monday and that's when all the trouble started.

I went in this morning and clicked on help and then update and it informed that I have the latest version already. I tried to create a page and again, I got an error message and then the entire program shut down.

Not sure what to do from here
              Lisa Dale

Comment

• Karin
                • Jan 2006

Hi Lisa,

You can try uninstalling, reinstalling and then "check for updates" again and see if that resolves the problem. If not, can you tell us a bit more about your system so we can try to narrow down what might be happening?

1) What operating system are you using?

2) How much memory is on your system? How much is available?

3) What exact steps are you taking before the program shuts down? Do you notice a pattern (for example, everything is fine if you are adding embellishments and moving items around, but the problem always occurs when adding a page).

4) Do you get an error message before the program shuts down? If so, what does it say?

5) Do you have any other programs open while you're working on Scrapbook MAX!?

This might help us to better understand what could be happening.

Thanks!
                Karin

Comment

Working...
                X