+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default The Groove August 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared an elegant freebie kit that she is inviting you to use with your heritage photos.

The Challenge:

Here's Fiona's challenge:

Using at least ONE background and FOUR items from the mini kit you are to scrap your heritage photos. Photos MUST be taken prior to 1970, and your page must have something on it that depicts the date, be that a title, numbers or an item that depicts the era...Have fun!

NOTE: The backgrounds will import to Page >Settings in Scrapbook MAX!. Go there, then click on Background Image and Select to navigate to the freebie background folder. Embellishments will import to Object > Embellishments.

Be sure to check out the August 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find inspiring "challenge layouts" made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, and of course - scrapbook inspiration!
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

hope everyone enjoys the kit and challenge

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

This looks like a lovely Challenge. Who would have known that I have fallen into the "Heritage" category. Thanks Fiona for making me feel old today. rofl....
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

I just may have a go at this one! Thanks Fi! xxoo

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

lol linda....you are NOT old ....yet *winks*

looking forward to seeing your pages ladies

:
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Smile

Hi Fiona

My effort for the August Groove Challenge, hope I did it correctly. Thanks for the lovely freebie too.

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Smile

My second page for the challenge, thanks Fiona xo

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

both pages are stunning aggie

:
    Check out my store
    Here

Wow - ditto!

And what a beautiful kit!

Karin

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Here's mine My ggrandmother
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole