• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

To create new shapes and to punch shapes

And my last suggestion for tonight :-)
    That'd be very useful to have the ability to combine several shapes together, for instance basic ones to create templates like envelopes for instance... but also to be able to punch shapes... for instance in a square shape to punch cercles, flowers, etc.
    What do you think of? :-)
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store
  • lindaathome
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2010

KapiColors, You already have the ability to create several shapes from papers. There are several Shapes kits available in the store, and several Freebie Shapes scattered throughout the Forum Threads, I'm not sure if this is what you have in mind, but you do have the ability within Max to create your own Shapes. You just need to save your PNG in the Shapes folder and then bring in a Paper Scrap and hit the Custom Shape button, go to the Shapes Folder and select the Shape you want.

You can also group Objects together. Hold down the CTRL key and Click on each Item you want to Group and then select Edit/Group to Group those Objects together as one new Object. Hope this makes sense and helps.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Hello Lindaathome!

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know that I can create shapes with other sofware products like Photoshop and then import them in the shapes folder to use them directly through the Scrapbook MAX user interface... I have already experienced it. But my suggestion was the ability to create them directly through Scrapbook MAX... and also to punch shapes with different drawings but also to punch the background paper which can be useful to create QP...

When you write: "You just need to save your PNG in the Shapes folder and then bring in a Paper Scrap and hit the Custom Shape button, go to the Shapes Folder and select the Shape you want." You mean the same than what I explain?" ie they are created outside Scrapbook MAX?

Thanks.

KapiColors

Comment

• Lorne
        Super Moderator
        • Jan 2006

You can already do it in Scrapbook MAX! if you'd like, using the Eraser tool. Just click the Save button on the Eraser window to save the eraser mask, and then you can load that eraser mask as a custom shape. (Try it. )
        Lorne ( )
        Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• KapiScrap
          Scrap Guru
          • Jun 2010

Hi Lorne!

Thanks! I haven't seen this feature! Well, I'm new with ScrapbookMAX :-)

But... just keep in mind that you could offer additional shapes in this dialog box to erase (like basic drawings) that'd be really COOOOOL! But this solution is already very cool.

OK. I'm going to save my notes about Scrapbook MAX! You might have noticed that I'd like to have an "advanced" use of Scrapbook MAX :-)

KapiColors (Sandrine)

Comment

• Lorne
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

You can load custom shapes in as eraser masks using the Load button on the Eraser dialog too.
            Lorne ( )

Comment

• KapiScrap
              Scrap Guru
              • Jun 2010

For the QP the solution is definitively to use the eraser.

There are 2 options:
              - round
              - square

That'd be great if the size could be higher... (up to 1000). Looks like that it is actually limited to 200 px.

Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

• Lorne
                Super Moderator
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by KapiColors View Post
                That'd be great if the size could be higher... (up to 1000). Looks like that it is actually limited to 200 px.
                Yeah, during development 200 seemed like a reasonable upper limit. But it would be nice to have a larger max size, e.g. if you're working with really large photos from a DSLR without resizing them smaller first.
                Lorne ( )

Comment

• KapiScrap
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jun 2010

Hi Lorne!

If I ask it's because for a page designed with another software product, I have encountered multiple issues in transforming my page in QP. Finally I could successfully transform it in exporting it in PNG and loading it in Photoshop and with the magic eraser and a round of 914 px I could "punch" accurately my page :-) So a larger size could be really helpful.

KapiColors

Comment

Working...
                  X