• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Mid Month Challenge 01

yes we have a new regular challenge for you all ~ unfortunetly for you your challenge host once more is yours truely *wicked grin*

THE MID MONTH CHALLENGE

The challenge will be a sketch/scraplift challenge and will run for two weeks

I will be posting a sketch, sometimes with no rules and sometimes they'll be colours, themes or something extra to make it a little more interesting!

below is this challenges sketch and a colour pallette .....using at least one colour from the pallette and the sketch as your inspiration you are to make your page(s) and upload them to this thread

Challenge Rules:

1) Using the sketch given as inspiration create your version of the layout

2) you MUST use at least ONE colour from the pallette attached

3) ALL pages must be uploaded to the gallery and the link/image posted in this thread

4) Challenge runs for TWO weeks & ends Saturday 31st July 2010

5) Have Fun

What Is A Scrapbooking Sketch?

A scrapbooking sketch is a drawing of an idea for a page or layout.
    The sketch presents a proposed placement of photos and embellishments on a scrapbook page.
    Scrapbooking sketches are intended as a guide or a starting point for you to create your own page.

Using A Scrapbooking Sketch

Sometimes a particular sketch idea will not work exactly for your photos and available embellishments.
    Perhaps your photos are landscape instead of portrait, maybe you don’t have exactly the right embellishments or perhaps you don’t like to journal on your pages.
    This doesn’t mean you can’t use the sketch idea. It simply means you have to be a little creative!
    Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Awesome challenge....I love sketches....This way I don't have to use my brain as much...LOL....
    One question, are we to use only stuff from SBM to make our layouts?
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

nope you can use anything you like to create your page

, Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ksd_24_f
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2009

Wow, Am I actually the first one to post a LO for the mid month challenge?? Cool Love the layout idea, thanks for the inspiration!! I love to scraplift. It's the biggest battle, trying to get just the right lo for your photo.
        This one turned out a bit busy, but I'll try another one later during the week.

Great challenge by the way! Oh I tried to get color swatch one and three, but couldn't get it quite exactly to match.. but I think it's close.
        Last edited by ksd_24_f; 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• lindaathome
          Digi Sage
          • Jan 2010

Here's my attempt. Beach Babe Ella. Made using the Tweet Tweet kit by Varena Design's from DigiDesignResort,

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• lindaathome
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2010

Great LO ksd. I don't think it is too busy. I think it is great. (hugs)

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• angelwithin
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Nov 2006

wow ladies both pages are stunning

i personally love working with sketches.....mind you as you can see i make my own sketches to use lol

, Check out my store
              Here

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                Layout Whiz
                • Nov 2009

Thanks - Linda, I love the way yours turned out too - so cool that we can use the same sketch and make totally different Lo's eh?! Love Scrapbooking You have some really nice one's in the gallery too - the one of Chloe is darling!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Mar 2009

Here is Mine....... I used the Another Time Another Place kit in gallery and Wolvsie's Element from DaFont Sept 09 and Knzus's Sprinkles and Ribbon from Evening Romance. I did use colors from Challenge as the Stripes and Scrap Paper....lol

Love your Layout Kel and Linda.... Great Job!!! Thanks Fiona for another Great Challenge to Play with and practice the lift tech.!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Mar 2009

Another all done with Wolvsie's Stand By Me Kit!!!! The Colors are Almost a Perfect Match!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Hugs!!

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

beautiful pages kimmy, i love the total uniqueness of each of these pages

, Check out my store
                      Here

Comment

• makeyesup
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2006

Great layouts all, and Kimmyann, we must be on the same page as I had marked down Michelle's Stand By Me kit to use too.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Kimmyann
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Mar 2009

LOL......Makeyesup, sorry!!! When I saw the Color Swatch, I thought that was a pretty close match to Stand By Me..... so I compared and Yep!!!

But I know your Page will be totally different from mine, even if we did use the same kit and the same Lift Idea!!!
                          Hugs!!

Comment

• dillie1
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Aug 2009

Great pages everyone. Love this challenge!! Credits are in the gallery.

Comment

• lindaathome
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jan 2010

Great pages Kimmy and Dille. Everyone's pages are so different using the same Sketch. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X