• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Scrappin' Challenge 22

So, are you up for another creative week? Do you have lonely kits in your stash that have been used only once (or maybe even never)? We all get the thrill of getting a new kit and making a page with it. But it is too sad for all those fantastic kits our designers create to get used only once. So I want to invite you to come on a mission with me .

Your mission, if you choose to accept it ~ like Fiona used to say....lol is to create a new layout mixing papers and elements from different kits.

To make it more interesting we are going to have a special theme this week ~ART~....

So, here are the RULES:
    1. Make a layout using papers and elements from at least 5 different kits (SBM products only - purchased or freebies are fine)
    2. Post it in this Designers Challenges gallery (making sure you list all the products used ) by the end of this week.
    3. Post your layout in this thread

I will be offering all participants a free surprise for joining in....Remember, the theme is ART....Doesn't have to be painting....Could be photography, a sunset...Whatever you consider a special art in your life...
    Can't wait to see what you come up with this week.....
    I will be back with another surprise for all of you as well....Something new I am starting with this challenge and everyone following... *Suspense....Da Da Da....lol*
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

• Daydreamer
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2010

OOH, this sounds like soo much fun, and soo well timed too . . . I have been "reorganising" my kits this week, (hopefully making it easier for me to find things!!). I have to say it turned out to be a journey of rediscovery as I fell in love with my "half forgotten kits" all over again!!!

Comment

• dillie1
      Layout Whiz
      • Aug 2009

Michelle this sounds like another great challenge--I love to mix things up-- -I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
      OOH, this sounds like soo much fun, and soo well timed too . . . I have been "reorganising" my kits this week, (hopefully making it easier for me to find things!!). I have to say it turned out to be a journey of rediscovery as I fell in love with my "half forgotten kits" all over again!!!
      Daydreamer--its like when you rediscover your "half forgotten kits" it's like receiving presents all over again. I have reorganized my things again, and still am amazed at the great things that I have and have received...

Comment

• lindaathome
        Digi Sage
        • Jan 2010

I too have been going through mine trying to organize them and label them better. So many of the Freebies I got from the Forums aren't identified by the creator, so it is kinda tough there. We'll see what I can come up with for this one.
        I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• memphisfran
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jul 2009

I will have to think on this one for a bit! I at least have my stuff in a folder that says SBM so I know it comes from here! Don't always know the WHO though!
          Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• lindaathome
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2010

Dragon Tail Tattoo Shop

Well, I can't believe I am actually first. I went out into left field on this one and decided to do a page about tattoos. So many people have them now a days. They aren't as negative as they once were, and are now considered Body Art. Although I don't have any personally, I know a lot of people who do. My ficticious Tattoo Shop known As Dragon Tail Tattoo Shop consists of the following :

Background - MAX Metals Papers, Chain from Freebie Booster Pack called Chains, Mat and Staples from the Dark Forest kit, Photo Booth Frame from the Denim Wonders freebie kit from the Forum, Hook and latch from Moonbeam's Black Leather kit, Dragon from a Freebie Embellishment Pack from the Forum, Chain Links from DCA Freebie Embellishment kit from the Forum

The models are my oldest son, the back shot is a friend of his, and my granddaughter Ella's mother - had Ella's baby feet tattooed on her leg and Ella's name tattooed in Chineese on her arm.

Last edited by lindaathome; 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM.

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• ValerieElaine
              Digi Sage
              • Aug 2008

Love your layout Linda.

Here's my list -
              Background paper - DGO - Bits & Pieces
              Brads,corners - FST - Twilight Whispers
              Diamond Scatter - nannybernie - Dancing with the clousds
              Flowers & ribbon - nannybernie - freebies
              Paintbrushb - Wo;vsie - freebie
              Book - Binder spiral - Denim Wonders - SBM + paper - crops2dawn - freebie
              Font - Felt pen - Dafont

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• lindaathome
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2010

Great layout Valerie. Do you sketch?

Comment

• Daydreamer
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2010

Linda, Great layout, perfect background too!!! Love the chain and hooks holding the pics - stunning!!
                  Valerie, lovely layout too . . . I had a good chuckle when I noticed the 1 lady in hijab!! Really impressed that you included her

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                    Digi Sage
                    • Aug 2008

thank you ladies. I used to sketch haven't done much lately, but I have a new toy ( Bamboo Craft) so I'm playing around trying to get back into the swing of things.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2008

Linda, very innovative, I love it! I wish I'd thought of it, my son has some gorgeous artwork on his skin.

Val, I adore your drawings, how are you getting on with your tabi? Mine is quite elderly but still doing pretty well.

Can't wait to join in this challenge!
                      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                      I walk on a trail of song
                      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• makeyesup
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2006

Great layouts on this. Just got back from being gone all week, so I hope I can get to this one. With the latest update and not being able to drag and drop, it's going to be harder than normal.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Gotart
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Nov 2006

Here are the stairs I painted in 2000 for a friends shop.. Credits on the lo in the gallery

Last edited by Gotart; 06-17-2010, 10:34 AM. Reason: 2 pics

sigpic

Comment

• Gotart
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Nov 2006

mask

A mask for everyone..
                            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• wolvsie35
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2007

WOW...your layouts are gorgeous...Love tattoo's, always wanted a little wolf right on my lower back....well since I have enough scars of my own that I call "life saving tattoo's" lol....I gave up that idea...
                              Val...Love your sketches...The black dress is lovely...Would it come in plus sizes? <wink>
                              Gotart...I died when I saw yours...It is beautiful...and you did that!? Just awesome work...Lovely as well...Love the way you displayed them in the layout...WOW....Ty for the mask!
                              You go Gals!!!! lol
                              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X