Scrapbook MAX! v188.8.131.52 (free update for v2.0 owners)
We've just released a new update for Scrapbook MAX! - version 184.108.40.206. This is a free update for anyone who owns Scrapbook MAX! 2.0. It fixes up a few minor bugs that were discovered in the past little while.
To get your free update, simple start up Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 and then go to the 'Help' menu and choose 'Check for Update'. Follow the prompts and that's it. The update file is quite small, so it will only take a couple of minutes to download and install.
220.127.116.11 - December 2, 2010
- Made changes to improve compatibility with some computers.
18.104.22.168 - November 8, 2010
- Fixed loading of 8-bit bmp files when the file's palette is incorrectly set as transparent.
- Made it so the selection box is updated properly when moving objects with shift + cursor keys.
- Fixed text flow in journal text when using special/accented characters like Alt+130.
- Added fix for character spacing < 1.0 (some characters wouldn't be moved to the left when they should be).
- Made it so that when you export a template with the "Optimize embellishment" option enabled, any cropping done to embellishments will be applied permanently so the image optimization won't affect the quality of the end result.
22.214.171.124 - June 18, 2010
- Fixed a bug in 126.96.36.199 where adding a JPEG file could cause Scrapbook MAX! to crash while trying to retrieve the EXIF data.
Note: We've removed the feature that automatically rotated JPEG images based on their EXIF Orientation data from this version, since the EXIF data was causing the crash.
- Fixed a bug where you could not move ribbon text and caption text objects by dragging their curves when you had more than one object selected.
188.8.131.52 - June 14, 2010
- When you add JPEG images they are now automatically rotated based on their EXIF Orientation data if present.
- Added the ability to use Ctrl+ and Ctrl- to zoom in and out on the eraser dialog.
- Added the ability to change the character set of a font on the Advanced tab for Caption text, Ribbon text, and Journal text.
- Added a visible dotted line while snapping objects to the edge of the page to indicate what the object is snapping to.
- Ribbon text now forms a perfect circle when there are only two points and the "Connect endpoints" option is enabled. (You can drag either point to resize the circle.) This allows you to easily create perfect circles of text.
184.108.40.206 - December 23, 2009
- Fixed a bug where greyscale (black and white) images would appear transparent.
- Fixed a bug where text objects would disappear sometimes when switching between pages.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a missing caption object (that disappeared after switching pages) would cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug caused by switching the focus to a window on another monitor while in the object settings but before using Crop mode or the Advanced tab for the first time.
- Fixed a bug where the page background didn't update properly when you changed the background image by dragging and dropping a file.
- Fixed a bug where the selected object's selection box would disappear after dragging and dropping an image file.
- Fixed a bug where the new image wouldn't appear right away after replacing an image using Shift + drag and drop.
- Fixed a bug where ribbon text wouldn't fully redraw after changing position, size, or angle using the P, S, and A keys on the keyboard.
- Fixed a bug where inserting a point at the end of a ribbon text path with the "Connect endpoints" option enabled caused the point to be inserted in the wrong place along the path.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect undo/redo behaviour occurred when certain changes were made to the project after using undo. Now making any changes always "clears" the redo list, as is the normal behaviour for programs on Windows.
- Made the Adjust to Fit dialog crop to the shape (aspect ratio) of the object on the page rather than the shape of the original image file.
- Changed how the Adjust to Fit dialog operates when you "change" the picture but re-select the same image file.
- Increased the maximum size of all objects.
220.127.116.11 - December 18, 2009
- Fixed a problem with the Scrapbook MAX! updater application.
- Fixed a bug where the eraser was not being preserved when importing a page from another project.
- Fixed a bug where Scrapbook Max! would sometimes crash during an undo when the ruler was visible.
- Fixed a bug where the eraser would sometimes not display properly on photos or embellishments.
- Made it so that effects cannot be applied to cleared photos.
- Added an eraser allowing you to erase parts of an image by making them transparent. This feature can be found under the "Effects" program menu, Effects > Eraser.
- Improved the accuracy of custom shape masks.
- Added midpoint handles to the selection box for images and journal text.
- Improved the handling of 8-bit grayscale images.
- Improved the quality of print preview (at the expense of using more memory).
- Behaviour Change: When multiple objects are selected, you can only rotate around the dominant object -- you can no longer begin a rotation by clicking near the corner of a non-dominant object. This was done to make it easier to move objects when you have more than one selected and they overlap.
- Behaviour Change: When multiple objects are selected, you can now move them by dragging the round resize handles on the dominant object (or where the round handles would be on the non-dominant objects). Prior to this change, all left clicks within the round handle zones were ignored. This was done to make it easer to move groups of very small objects on the page without needing to zoom in first.
- Improved the drawing speed when there are cleared images on the page.
- Improved the loading of 8-bit PNG image files.
- Added the ability to set the position of an object by pressing 'P' and entering the x,y values directly.
- Added the ability to set the size of an object by pressing 'S' and entering the width and height values directly.
- Added the ability to set the rotation angle of an object by pressing 'A' and entering an angle in degrees.
18.104.22.168 - October 19, 2009
- Fixed a bug where shadows weren't drawing for cleared images.
- Fixed a bug in journal text where the lines drawn after an empty line would be drawn twice so they looked darker than they should be (because of the antialiasing being drawn twice).
- Fixed a bug where the preview window surface wasn't large enough when a properties dialog was resized wider than 1600 pixels (the properties dialog now works properly when maximized on widescreen monitors or stretched across multiple displays).
- Fixed a bug where the rulers would sometimes not update properly.
- Fixed a bug where opening version 1.0 projects that were based off of the blank template would use the new project page size instead of the internal setting.
- Fixed a bug where the crop image was not always centering properly.
- Made it so the correct filter is used for temporary resize folder images when set to something other than "Area Average."
- Fixed an issue where there would be a grey fringe around objects when saving the page or object as a 32-bit PNG with transparency.
- Fixed a bug where the custom shape was not always showing in the preview after double-clicking straight to the Advanced tab and then switching to the Settings tab.
- Fixed a rare bug where things wouldn't redraw properly when resizing a small object larger (objects disappearing, etc.).
- Fixed a layer redraw bug when using Edit > Cut.
- Made it attempt to correct the flipped image bug when loading old projects.
See the Readme.htm file in your Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 folder for a list of changes in earlier versions.
Last edited by Lorne; 12-02-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!