X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove June 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Monja Wessel has shared a sweet, elegant freebie that she is inviting you to have some fun with!

The Challenge:

This month's freebie includes a stunning background paper and a lovely wreath frame embellishment. Using both of these items, frame something special to you: it can be a person, a place, even a recipe, that part's up to you!.

Be sure to include journal text explaining why the person, place or thing has a special place in your heart. Go ahead and add other embellishments and papers, and re-color if you wish!

NOTE: The background will import to Page >Settings in Scrapbook MAX!. Go there, then click on Background Image and Select to navigate to the freebie background folder. Embellishment will import to Object > Embellishment.

Be sure to check out the June 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find exciting travel layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, PLUS all the details about an extended 40% off sale on Last Chance items in the store (ends June 6, 2010 - so please hurry!!)
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • ValerieElaine
    Digi Sage
    • Aug 2008

Beautiful mini kit. It was so hard to pick that something special so I guess I'll just have to scrap a couple more.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• ValerieElaine
      Digi Sage
      • Aug 2008

Forgot to post layout.

Gulls are from Michelle's Beyond the Clouds kit.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• Carena
        Digi Sage
        • Jun 2007

Thanks Monja - How could I resist this challenge. Hugs
        Kind wishes from Carena
        Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
        Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Carena
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2007

I'm Back - LOL

Here it is - I hope to do a tutorial on reflections soon - all done in Scrapbook Max Software - look for it. Thanks Monja - geee you didn't give us much to work with but lucky I had your Summer Dreaming kit. Hope you like it.
          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• lindaathome
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2010

Lovely LO's Carena. Your pages are always awesome.
            I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• lindaathome
              Digi Sage
              • Jan 2010

The Groove June Challenge - Winona Lake

Okay, just so you know, I'm not copying Carena's lovely pages. We just had the same theme in mind. I took this picture last night and couldn't wait to scrap it. This was the perfect place to do it. This is the lake I grew up on. It always calls me back to the shore I spent my childhood on. It used to be the beach, but they have since moved the beach to another area and have my old spot dedicated as the dock area for the new condo's. No matter, the lake knows I am in the right spot. The flying gulls are from Michelle's CSD kit and the other gulls are from the lovely Surf and Sand kit.

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• Carena
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2007

LOL Linda - great page. Love it,
                Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Daydreamer
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2010

WOWWWEEE, you ladies have been busy!!! I love all the layouts so far and don't know where to start, but to say, Incredible job ladies!!! I'll be posting comments in the gallery . ..

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Sep 2007

This is my LO for the June Groove Challenge. I have not done a challenge for such a long long time and thought it was about time I got back into it. Hope u like it. Thanks so much for the lovely mini kit
                    My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• MarthaT
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Jan 2009

Great challenge
                      Be Happy

Comment

• Karin
                        • Jan 2006

Congrats to those who have already posted layouts! I love how there's a mix of people and places that are special - thanks for sharing!

Val - your LO with the "wreath within the wreath" design is especially creative. Way to go!

Karin

Comment

• lindaathome
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jan 2010

Lovely LO aggie - love the extraction. She's a real cutie.

Comment

• Daydreamer
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Jan 2010

WOW, your layouts are lovely ladies!!! . . . Here's one I just made . . .

Comment

• Tee
                              • Mar 2008

Wonderful layouts girls! I'm new to this place and want to play. Of course I'm not without newbie questions, lol.

I use Paint Shop Pro. I'm not familar with files named .smb. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X