+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up New Scrapbooker from Delaware

Greetings All!! My name is Suzanne Kreisher and I live in Dover, DE. I retired April 2009 after 34 years (give or take a few) working as a Department of Defense civilian. This is my first try at scrapbooking. I purchased Scrapbook MAX (SM) yesterday evening and had such fun using it that I bought 2 more kits and 1 template today. Scrapbooking is going to be addictitive because SM makes it easy even for novices like me to quickly produce beautiful pages. My other interests include knitting, crocheting, quilting, cross stitching, and baking. I am the proud "mom" of three feline house princesses -- Lucy, Heather, and Abigail (I'm already thinking about a pet scrapbook...). My major project right now is starting up a prayer shawl/quilt ministry at my church and that's how I came about to buy SM. I was putting together a notebook to document the Ministry and wanted to include pictures of the ministry dedication ceremony and of recipients with their quilts or shawls. I visited a couple local craft stores to check out scrapbooking and was a bit overwhelmed at all the stuff I would have to buy and store. Then, while surfing the web a bit, I stumbled upon SM and VIOLA!! I'm already making great pages!! The only thing I can't find on the SM site is religious templates and kits that include Christian motifs, specifically, a cross, Jesus, churches, etc. If anyone knows where I can find such motifs, please let me know.

Welcome Suzanne. Wow you are a very talented lady. It is a pleasure to have you join us here. You are correct, it can be very addictive. I'm sure some of the designers and members will assist you with religious themed embies. There are some out in the Freebie threads if you take time to go through them. I do remember downloading some. Also, check out the different Shapes kits offered in the Store as well. Some of them have cross shapes, a Bible shape, I think there is even a Church in one. You use paper scraps and the Shapes to make your own embies. Feel free to ask questions. Someone will help you. Come join us in the weekly and monthly Designer challenges. You will learn a lot of things and pick up some freebies along the way.

Again, welcome and enjoy. I can't wait to see your layouts.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35