X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lindaathome
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2010

Here's a Photo Album cover for pics of my Mom. I used the lovely Powder Blue kit I purchased from the Store and Donna Thomas Shapes.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• ValerieElaine
      Digi Sage
      • Aug 2008

ladies thes los are great. Here's mine. We are having a neighbourhood reunion this summer and I'm making a scrapbook on our school. I have pics going back to the 1920's along with the names of the students and teachers. They closed the school in 1961 when they started centralizing all the small hamlets.

The embellishments came from week 54 challenge freebies.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• lindaathome
        Digi Sage
        • Jan 2010

Lovely layout Val. What special memories. I love the use of the faded picture in the background.

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• lindaathome
          Digi Sage
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
          Yip, silly me hadn't gone through the challenge kit. . . I always jump right in without checking the waters, when will I learn?!? . .. But I'd still love to know what kit the frame came from. . . It's gorgeous & sooo versatile!!
          That's okay Daydreamer. Jump on in. The water is warm and there are no sharks out today. <wink>

Comment

• Daydreamer
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2010

LOL . . Linda, you're too funny . . . and I agree with Val, ALL these layouts are awesome!!

Val, I love how you did your title & your colour choice was brilliant! It must've been fun collecting and going through all the old school pics and hearing the stories that go along with them
            Linda, your bird is adorable and your rose just brings out the whole LO!
            FS! Love your colours & choice of background . . . Everything comes together so beautifully to compliment the pic . . . I'm sure she'll treasure your gift always!!
            Thx Dillie . . . I'm always sooo excited to use the new kits as I buy them that I sometimes forget to check back in what I have from SBM . . . Bet there's loads of treasures I've forgotten. . . Will have to go back for a refresher!!

Been trying to decide what to make a cover for and I think I've finally got it . . . A nephew of mine's turning 21 soon (which reminds me I better get started with his slideshow & digi-album!!), so I think I'll make a CD cover for that . . . Now to choose a fav pic! Always a toughie

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2008

Hi y'all

This is such an interesting challenge and everyone has come up with something unique.

I really think the LOs everyone is posting are outstanding - I am off to put my comments in the gallery.

Blessings - FS xx
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
              I walk on a trail of song
              And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• wolvsie35
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2007

WOW, it's only Wed, and you all have done an amazing job....I love creating my own cd and dvd covers...Maybe this could be a new business, huh? LOL....Anywho, you are all welcome and thanks for the comments...You are all great, dear friends...I am sending you all your SURPRISE...so watch for your PM's...This surpise is not in store's yet...You all get first dibs too...and it's FREE..LOL...Don't give the surprise away...<wink> ((HUGS))

Jana....wonderful cover...I love that kit too...<wink> I love the family photo...Wish I could get everyone together to have one taken like that...
                Dillie...Beautiful cover and photo...I love the frame used...
                linda...Looks like a festive time....and the cover is super for such a great event....and your second one is just gorgeous...WOW...
                Dreamer....I used the font called Apple Butter (I just love the font...lol) and to give it the effect, you do you title as usual, then click your advanced tab, and do an outline, then play with the thickness...thats it...Real easy hun...
                FreeSpirit....Loved your cover...and those extra colors are nice added on it too...Great idea for the photo...You can do that in SBM too.....Just bring the template in as a shape...<wink>
                Valerie...what a super idea...your cover looks great..Love all the gold...
                I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2008

You can do that in SBM too.....Just bring the template in as a shape...<wink>
                  ROFL - I know! I just got my new version of DrawPlus and I wanted to play with it! I'm so naughty.

FS xxx
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2007

LOL....you are ...hehehe...But thats ok...As long as you can make wonderful layouts and try something new, more power to ya GF! ((HUGS))

Comment

• Daydreamer
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2010

Michelle, THANK YOU SSOOO much for that tip on outlining!!! I'd never noticed that before . . . Did you see I started playing with it last night already?!? I think it's a really cool feature, SBM is the coolist!!! I also downloaded the Apple Butter font, can't wait to play with it

Comment

• wolvsie35
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2007

You are so welcome...If you add a little shadow, it will really look like a sticker...

Comment

• Daydreamer
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jan 2010

Please help . . . I wanted to put together my cover for this challenge but I seem to have done something wrong 'cos I can't find the template / cd cover shape. . . All I see is backgrounds . . . Where can it be hiding?!? Anyone know?!?

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Jan 2008

Hi Daydreamer

I think its the first background you see - a plain white box.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with it myself, so I put it on the page and then adjusted the page settings to get them the same size before deleting it. There was probably a better way to do it.

Blessings - FS xx

Comment

• lindaathome
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jan 2010

I clicked on it to show the outline and then Pinned it so the outline stayed visible. I then colored it so it was clear to me exactly where my layout should go. Then I adjusted the page size to get rid of the white on the right and bottom. I'm sure I went about it the long hard way, but that worked for me.. Good luck dear friend. I know you will master it and show us something fantastic.

Comment

• Daydreamer
                                Layout Whiz
                                • Jan 2010

Thanks sooo much for the tips Linda and FreeSpirit!! I'm going to give it a go now

Comment

Working...
                                X