X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephaniekb
    • Jan 2009

Wrapping text blocks

I'd love the ability to wrap a text block around an object, or to be able to shape a block of text into a non-rectangular shape.
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

I could do you it in CIRCULAR or TRIANGLE...
    Any help???

Comment

• stephaniekb
      • Jan 2009

Anything would help! Ideally I'd like to be able to wrap text around another object on the page, or fit it inside the outlines of another object, but I'll start with circles and triangles if you got em!

Originally posted by mh51 View Post
      I could do you it in CIRCULAR or TRIANGLE...
      Any help???

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2008

I agree, this would be a nice function. I can do it myself in other programs but its always nice to be able to work dynamically. I have previously mentioned also that Full Justification would be lovely for journal text.

Blessings - FS xx
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
        I walk on a trail of song
        And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• Daydreamer
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2010

At the moment, I type and adjust my text one line at a time. . . So I agree, a text wrapping feature would be a brilliant addition to SBM!!!

Comment

• knzus
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2007

SBM version 2 does have the ribbon text, if that's what you are wanting... are you wanting to be able to do things like the example layout below where I made the text in a wavy ribbon around the edges of the page? The ribbon text allows you to do this around any obect on your page, whatever you want to do! It's awesome!

_DCA-southwestdesert-img4.jpg
            Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• stephaniekb
              • Jan 2009

No, I want to be able to have a block of text that can be shapes other than a rectangle. For example, to fit inside a circle frame or to be angled to butt up against a photo that is placed at an angle.

Originally posted by knzus View Post
              SBM version 2 does have the ribbon text, if that's what you are wanting... are you wanting to be able to do things like the example layout below where I made the text in a wavy ribbon around the edges of the page? The ribbon text allows you to do this around any obect on your page, whatever you want to do! It's awesome!

[ATTACH]33598[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Daydreamer
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2010

Text can be centred to fit inside a circle . . . I was referring to the more difficult / odd shapes, like in my example below. In cases like this I had to do it line by line. . .

Another thing I'd like to draw Max Designer's attention to, is that Max tends to close down/crash when I fiddle too much with my textboxes (like in these situations when I need them to fit a shape) . . . It would be brilliant if they could sort that out too!!

Thanks

Comment

• sueflynn
                  • Aug 2009

I too, would LOVE to be able to do Text shapes, instead of having to go to PSE and do it and then import it.. That would be GREAT!

Comment

Working...
                  X