• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluevelvet
    Mad Scrapper
    • Apr 2007

My Summer Project

I need help and was wondering if I could get some input from all of you, I am redecorating and I have found my rug and my color palette,. I am going to use three of the colors in the rug. I have included the color palette in the photo.. the wall coming down the stairs and the wall where the fireplace is will be the darker color(focal point) the other two colors will be the compliment colors(lighter colors). What I need is for you to tell me what 3 colors you would go with. I plan to use the three colors in the living room dining room and the kitchen. Each room will be uniquely different but will compliment each other. Thanks for help on this!!

CHRISTINA
  • bluevelvet
    Mad Scrapper
    • Apr 2007

This might make it a little easier to pick colors
    Color names from left to right
    1.Homestead Resort Moss
    2.Tempered Sage
    3.Pontoon White... See More
    4.Praire Brush
    5.Woodlawn Lewis Gold
    6.Lovely Bluff
    7.Florentine Clay
    8.Zen Garden
    9.Hazy Dawn
    CHRISTINA

Comment

• wolvsie35
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2007

WOW...Love that rug...!!!!!! I am not sure yet about all three rooms, but my main color choice for the kitchen would be the last one...something bright, and warm....Sunshine Dawn I think it is called....

I wouldn't use too dark of colors for walls in any room...Makes the room look smaller...and from my Interior decorating classes, they said if you make the ceilings darker, it will make your rooms look larger...I wish you luck, and I can't wait to see photo's when they are all done...
      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Heres what I did.I hate white so I did my room in a rich burgundy and added burgundy to the white paint and painted my ceiling a beautiful lilac.I get more compliments.I did the door borders a lemon grass so that it would flow into my kitchen as I have lemon grass on my kitchen and then I seperated my kitchen and hallway with a peach and did the kitchen ceiling in thta peach as well.I get more compliments on my choice of colors.I did peach door frames and window frames where the lemon was and where the peach hallyway I did the lemon frames .So now they all flow together nicely and actually the hall looks seperate from the kitchen.I am a women of color.I am not much for tans.But you may love them.So I am not much help except showing how to flow your colors from one room to another.
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• mh51
          Scrap Guru
          • Jul 2006

OK... here's what I'd do...
          I love love love that rug... and to me the main colour in there is the Florentine Clay ~
          that's what I'd use on the fireplace & stair walls... your statement walls.

Your 'woodwork' is all dark & I suppose you'll be keeping it that way SOOOOO the rest of the room MUST be in lighter colours, so I would opt for 1 &2!!! or even 6, but certainly keeping it light... not white. I hate white.

I WANT THAT RUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted how you get along.

Comment

• bluevelvet
            Mad Scrapper
            • Apr 2007

Eye & Mary I hate white also it shows every little bit of dirt no matter how small it is...Eye your house sounds beautiful!!! I decided to do color this time around, my house is 2 yrs shy of being 100 yrs old and the woodwork is in excellent condition...Mary I have decided to go with the Florentine Clay for the main color I posted this on Facebook to all my friends and family and so far most have picked that color. Your pick of the lighter colors are the same that my sister picked yesterday when she was here. thanks for all the input ladies...
            CHRISTINA

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Looking forward to see the before and after.
              sigpic
              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• bluevelvet
                Mad Scrapper
                • Apr 2007

Oh I will be sure to do the before and after pics, but just so everyone knows this project will not be completed till about the middle of August.
                CHRISTINA

Comment

Working...
                X