+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default The Groove April 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Deanne Gow-Smith has shared an elegant freebie that she is inviting you to have some "color fun" with!

Deanne’s Challenge:
    • Take the items in this kit and change the colours of everything (double-click on your item in the Scrapbook MAX! design space, click on the Advanced tab and use the adjust colour / hue settings in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0)
    • Make a color co-ordinated layout (with your new "colour scheme")
    • Be sure to re-colour your background image. Here's how:
    Import a background paper from this kit into the design space as a "Background". Double-click on the Background to call up its Settings. On the Settings dialog, keep Background Image selected, but at the same time choose a colour from the color selector. Then, use the transparency slider. Your chosen hue will shine through your background image! (click on the images attached to post #2 in this thread - the very next post - for a step-by-step tutorial)
    • Add text, making sure to use the colour blend or image/pattern buttons.

Be sure to check out the April 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find heritage layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, **free Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies**, and learn all about the all-new Family Heritage Mega Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0.

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Last edited by Karin; 04-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Default Colorize a Background Image - Tutorial

The always-creative Deanne Gow-Smith has discovered a super amazing way to colorize a background image and is challenging you to use it for this month's challenge!

Instructions are below. Plus, we've attached screenshots of the steps for a visual demo. Just click on the images in the order of 1, 2, 3 to follow along!

How to Colorize a Background Image:
    Import a background paper from this kit into the design space as a "Background". Double-click on the Background to call up its Settings. On the Settings dialog, keep Background Image selected, but at the same time choose a colour from the color selector. Then, use the transparency slider. Your chosen hue will shine through your background image!

Have fun!
    Karin

Hi Guys! This feature of changing the background colour of a "Paper" I discovered just a couple of weeks ago... Maybe you already found it but for me it was NEW! and I think it will be very very handy to be able to do this ( as well as change colours of other elements) ... Let's see what you can do with it...

Even if it's new to you - ( you dont have to use the paper from my kit) try some of your OWN favourite Background Papers and post the before and after effect... we'd love to see it - Any questions on it , please just ask!
    thanks Karin for the picture tutorial
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 04-01-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Default Just Us Girls

This is my sweet Mother, my 2 older sisters and me, circa 1953.

Thanks for the wonderful kit Moonbeam. I really love it.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Default My layout

Here's my layout with new colors

[IMG][/IMG]
    Dina AKA MemphisFran

Good work Girls, and can I ask you a question... I am just interested if you knew about the ability in SBM to change the bG paper colour? Have you learned something new ?

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Here is my layout, as I read this challenge straight away I change the background of the above layout, just curious because I never tried it before. Thanks Deanne for the hint and challenge.
    I haven't dl your kit, I will dl it and make some more layouts. thanks.
    I changed the background color from white to red. for this one.

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Default Changing the Background color

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
    Good work Girls, and can I ask you a question... I am just interested if you knew about the ability in SBM to change the bG paper colour? Have you learned something new ?
    Moonbeam, I normally just use the sliders on the Advance Tab to change the colors. I did learn something new with this method. Thanks so much. I love to keep learning all of the things we can do in SBM.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Thanks Moonbeam!!! No Mamn.... I always have used the bottom Link..... Thanks For Helping me out......LOL
    Thank For the Challenges and Teaching us something Sooooo Neat, Now we will always be able to make things Match or Not....lol