• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

April 2010 Designer Challenge hosted by Michelle McCoy {wolvsie35}

The April 2010 Designer Challenge is hosted by our very own fantastically awesome Michelle McCoy {wolvsie35}! Woo-hoo! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Diana, you are so sweet....So where is my red carpet? lol...((HUGS))

Ok, first of all, let me tell you that I had a massive brain misfunction, and titled everything Scrappin' Challnge 15....But as you can see, that is not what this challnge is...LMBO! I was a head of myself...and I apologize...with everything going on, I guess my signals got crossed up there in my funky and bulky thing above my shoulders...LOL...Anywho....It is not for that challnge, but should be used for this Designer Challenge...<wink> Hope I am not confusing anyone...LOL...

Now with that out of the way....here is your challnge....We will be playing with color...Hue and saturation are the key to making pretty layouts...Right? So let's practice doing some more of that...Shall we? <wink>

First, download the file link below...(It will go directly into your SBM program when clicking on the link from 4shared)...Here is the preview....

*The ONLY thing you can use are these 5 papers...Recolor them to match the color swatch attached..

*Your laout must consist of (at least) 2 of these papers and (at least) 4 elements MADE FROM THESE PAPERS. (Make elements from the papers using shapes)
    *Recolor them by using the hue and saturation option. Play around with it to get the right colors to match the swatch provided..You MAY go a little lighter or darker in color...But not so dramatic that it won't match...
    *Please offer at least 2 of the elements or papers you make...Offer everything if you like...We all LOVE freebies...<wink>
    *Your layout must have one or more photo's....
    *Journaling and a title is optional..
    *Upload your layout to the designer thread in the gallery and then post it here for all to see...
    *Upload your free stuff here too...When making an element, right click it and save as .png , make sure you save it somewhere on your computer so you can find it. If there are a group of pieces together for oone element, make sure you group all the layers before saving it...Papers are saved as .jpeg...

I will be offering a surprise to those that participate...AND...at the end of the month, I will be picking 3 of you to win ONE free kit (of your choice) from my store...So the more you make, the better your chances...

By the time the end of the month rolls around...All of us should have a HUGE kit with the freebies you provide...Plus, we are all learning, having fun and sharing some inspiration for others...((HUGS))

DOWNLOAD PAPERS HERE
    Attached Files
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

Hi Wolvsie

Awesome challenge, can't wait to get started! Good to have you back with us.

Love & blessings - FS xx
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
      I walk on a trail of song
      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• lindaathome
        Digi Sage
        • Jan 2010

#1 Cutie

Here's my first attempt at color matching with this very challenging Challenge. Thanks Wolvsie for such a great challenge. I'll find out how color challenged I am after this won't I?

I used every paper in this challenge. I made my elements from Donna Thomas's wonderful Shapes packs, Grab Bag, Deco Circles and Christmas Ornament Globes. Alll of those kits can be found in the Store. I also used the Dec Challenge Shape from Wendy Gibson for my background.

I have included my embies for your enjoyment as well.
        Attached Files
        I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• memphisfran
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jul 2009

Michelle,

I think it's my Windows 7 that is doing it but I can't open this file...suggestions? I actualy tried it on both my desktop and my laptop ... both have Windows7 but neither one save it with the SBM picture on it and it says it's readable! ;( grrr
          Last edited by memphisfran; 04-02-2010, 01:27 AM.
          Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2008

Hi

I am unable to load this file. It has an unknown file extension and SBM doesn't recognize it. I don't think its anything to do with Windows 7, I use XP on both my desktop and my laptop. Help anyone?

Blessings - FS xx
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2008

Hi

My techie husband has just told me the downloaded file is missing an extension.

As a workaround, you can just give this an extension of dot zip ( .zip). This will not automatically install the files, but will allow you to unzip the files (double click the file) and put them in your SBM folders. We did try putting in the extension dot exe but this didn't work.

Hope this helps.

Bright Blessings - Freespirit xx

Comment

• Daydreamer
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2010

Thanks FreeSpirit!!! Your hubbies a genius I had the same problem and this worked for me too . . . Thx again!!!!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2008

Awe shucks, he's blushing now!

FS xx

Comment

• autisticwonder
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Wolvsie sweetie..LOVE the sWatch colors and fantastic papers!!
                    This gang is going to town already like gang busters!! WHEWWWWOOOOOO!!!

Love lindaathomes cool embies works using shapes!! BRILLIANT use of them!!

FreeSpirit needs to be dubbed a true PROBLEM SOLVER!! Hug to hubbie!! Excellent fix!!

See Daydreamer and memphisfran on board here to!! WAy to go!! THis is going to ROCK!!

Busy with blinkies at the moment!! Hope to jump in at some time!!

Have fun everyone!!
                    HUGS,
                    donna

Comment

• memphisfran
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Jul 2009

yep turned it into a zipped file right away...but it didn't install into SBM.
                      Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• memphisfran
                        Mad Scrapper
                        • Jul 2009

All Star Player

If SBM cooperates I will add the elements and a SMT hope you like it!

Attached Files
                        Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• memphisfran
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Jul 2009

All Star Template

I am going to try and attach the template here.

I can bring the template up and to make those shapes I had to bring them all in as photos so they are a gray shape now that you can use with any paper or photo or anything. Let me know if the template works for someone because I think due to Windows 7 I cannot open any picture through that method I can only drag and drop them in! But if you like them as they are...I have attached them here as well. I hope you can use it ... let me know. I would love to see it made into another page if you want to show me.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by memphisfran; 04-02-2010, 03:38 PM.
                          Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• janarae
                            • Oct 2009

Here is mine, and if I can figure out how to put the attachments, I will post the items I used. Thanks Michelle, Great Challenge
                            Last edited by janarae; 04-02-2010, 03:46 PM. Reason: Wrong Picture

Comment

Working...
                            X