+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Default Mother 2008

My Mother was such an inspiration to me. She treasured family more than anything. My daughter Amber, granddaughter Arika and I visited with Mom on Mothers Day 2008. That turned out to be the last Mothers Day we had with her. She was such a hugger. If you neeeded a hug, go see Grandma. Her hugs could make everything seem all better. Those memories and hugs will hold special places in our hearts forever.

I used the SMB May 09 Freebie kit by Wendy Gibson to make this page. Credits to Wendy for a lovely kit.

I was gone a few days and Wow, look at all these wonderful layouts. Thank you so much for the sharing that is going on. It is soooooooooooooooo much appreciated. Once again Donna a wonderful challenge...

Lindathome, if you don't win this challenge, I'll eat my shorts!! ha ha Amazing Lo's - you're doing great. You just might be more addicted than me!!
    Kel

Donna,

You are not the bad guy here, it's the crazy way we use terminology.

It always blows my mind how the 'Templates' and 'QPs' words get used as one type of file.

Always figure template includes all items used in the making of the file and they can be altered, deleted, changed in anyway.

Whereas a QP is actually a .png file with all items locked with empty place(s) for photos.

Think that is where we get in trouble with sharing other peoples designs if we export as a template. Even if we don't zip the items up individually, we would still be sharing all the items if it was a true template file.

Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by autisticwonder View Post
    OK...me have to be bad guy here..LOL

Want to make it clear to everyone what is allowed for distribution and what isn't again..for newbies this is always hard to understand at first so please DON'T take this as gotta "hand cuff" you and throw you in the scrapbook ethiquette stockade!! LOL

Love the templates being created!! WOW..Knock my socks off.. and the credits are awesome!!

BUT WE CAN't REDISTRIBUTE PERSONAL USE items which I 'm confident these are in some cases.

If the EMBELLISHMENTS you used to create the templates are CREATED by someone else..You can not
    put them in zip form and give them out here for any credit. I only credit YOUR template creation using them.YOUR created embellishements get credits..not from someone else..

If you use the forums ( template and embellishments sections freebies) then you can create a template with them and
    submit the template here for your design workup using those items and credit those items like you are doing a great job of already.

BUt if you haven't created the embellishments..PLEASE don't pack them up for us to have here in anything other than a template form.You CAN link us to the place you got
    them as a nice gesture..but I can only give you credit for what YOU designed..

It's hard to tell sometime who has designed what and I'm seeing Crafty , Carena and Fiona's names showing up on items in zip file embellishment..My oversight. I'm AWaKE NOW!!

Just so you know..this is a common error newbies make and Carena, Wolvsie (Crafty), Fiona and myself do not hold grudges to minor infractions like this. It's just something we all have to learn.

The new program always us to take individual pieces off our pages and make embellishments of our own from fonts we use.. So I encourage you to try using some shapes merged together or font wordart to give us here if you don't have an outside program like gimp (free program) , Adobe, Real Draw, or Corel Paint Shop Pro!!

LOVE what you are trying to do..BUt for here out..Please remember that!! No embellishment packs with items NOT created by you personally!!

BIG THANKS!! and so sorry if this embarrasses anyone..but that is why we are here..to LEARN!!

GORGEOUS templates..WOW!!

THANKS and HUGS all!!
    donna

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Thanks for that clarification Maureen. . . I'm one of the newbies who never got the difference between the two. Maybe they could add a scrap-dictionary somewhere under the FAQ's for us <grin>. . .

Your explanation also explains something that had me frustrated before. . . I'd downloaded some freebies (.png format), and thought there was something wrong with them because I couldn't do anything with them . . . Now I realise they were meant to be that way . . . as they were QP's and not templates.

Now at the risk of sounding totally dumb. . .Can anyone tell me where I should be putting/filing/saving them (QP's that is). How does one use them?? Am I supposed to put them under paper scraps or embellishments or do I do something special with them??

Quote Originally Posted by makeyesup View Post
    Donna,

You are not the bad guy here, it's the crazy way we use terminology.

It always blows my mind how the 'Templates' and 'QPs' words get used as one type of file.

Always figure template includes all items used in the making of the file and they can be altered, deleted, changed in anyway.

Whereas a QP is actually a .png file with all items locked with empty place(s) for photos.

Think that is where we get in trouble with sharing other peoples designs if we export as a template. Even if we don't zip the items up individually, we would still be sharing all the items if it was a true template file.

Maureen

So many great entries
    Be Happy

Here's my layout, decided to use the kit that I made for the DSO color challenge. The direct zips are here in the Favorite sites Sharing forum thread name of mak DSO 201003 Color Challenge kit.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/t...-Challenge-kit

There will be 2 zips, the kit and the extras. Hope someone can use them.

My Lucky Charms
    Last edited by makeyesup; 03-15-2010 at 01:24 PM.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

THAnks so much Maureen for the clarification of QP Quick Pages and templates....I made that boo boo long time ago in store thinking quick pages were the same as plop and go..with your pictures..No..like you said..they are flattened templates we can not rearrange..VERY GOOD point.

To store them..I would put them under embellishments and have a file just for QUICK pages.. YOu can bring them in and then put picture on top of it or if it has the cut out transparent version..put behind the QP.. My suggestion only..Daydreamer!!

Ksd..so with you..isn't Lindaathome awesome!! Whew!! She rockin!! but it only takes one to win ! LOL..

THAnks DILLIE!! LOVE you too!!!

Thanks for the comment Martha T!!

AWe.....SOME all!! Keep em coming!! Tons of fun here!!

Makeyesup makes another very good point..When we do our templates and use freebies from the forum on our templates..Those items are easy to go lift off the pages if we want them..So no need to zip anyway..

What I am most anxious for you to zip are the wonderful items you create for additional chances to win!! THanks Maureen!!

HUGS again SCRAP WONDERS!!
    donna

Thanks Donna I'm going to get organised straight away. . . Do you perhaps know how to "flatten templates" or create QP's (as opposed to templates)?? I haven't uploaded any embellishments either yet, cos I don't know how to create them / export / zip them. . . Sorry I'm such a dof-kop!!!

Default Best Witch - another embie

Hi

I made this blue goblin today to go with the Best Witch kit. Thought you might like to share.

Blessings - FS xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song