• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poppabob
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jul 2006

Template: Panes

Inspired by Kim Liddiard's "Panes Quick Click" layout I wanted to try and do something similar from within Scrapbook MAX! So I went about making my own panes, a border and a couple of different overlays to see what could be done.

I came up with a couple of 4 pane layouts. One staggered and the other squared off.

When double-clicking to add a photo if you don't like the way the photo lines up in the panes, just undo and try again using a different crop for the photo. Unless your photo is exactly the same size as the photo object you should have an opportunity to change the crop size and position.

I put in a couple of different color overlays in addition to the blue. If you copy them over to a page, just give them a couple clicks of "send backward" to move them behind the panes and border layer. I've also stacked the overlays of different colors on top of each other and then adjusted the transparency of the top one to get different shades of color. Mix and match! I got one interesting page by applying the spin effect to the "panes" layer and then applying the exact same effect to the "overlay layer".

The border can be removed if you want to do something else on the edges. I leave the embellishments to the user.

Any suggestions to improving this are welcomed.

To use this template, click on the link in the "Attached Files" section below (the .smt files). When your Web browser asks you what you want to do with the file, click the "Open" button (Internet Explorer or Opera browsers) or choose "Open with: Scrapbook MAX!" and click OK (Firefox browser). Once the file has downloaded, you should see a message that tells you that the template has been successfully installed. It will now be available the next time that you create a new project or page.
    Attached Files
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!
  • MA3
    • Aug 2006

Oh My what Wonderful Templates, I am sure Kim will be Pleased that she inspired you, I Know I am Thank-You so much !!!

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

I love it too

Thanks for the templete! I'm anxious to use it but I'm still trying to get my new computer on track. Still have transfering questions and obsticles.

nie
      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Thanks poppabob, can't wait to use these.

Marion

Comment

• KristyAnn
          Mad Scrapper
          • Feb 2006

thank you poppabob
          Happy scrapping !

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Wonderful Poppabob! I love both effects. You did a great job. Thank you for sharing it and sharing how you did it.

Granny
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• MaggieMae
              Digi Sage
              • May 2006

Thank You!

I really love the look of the panes. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!
              Julie

Comment

• mh51
                Scrap Guru
                • Jul 2006

Poppabob MANY MANY THX for sharing. You put in all the work & we all benefit. You are such a clever guy (you are a guy ~ Yes??)
                Anyway, thx again.

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mh51 View Post
                  Poppabob MANY MANY THX for sharing. You put in all the work & we all benefit. You are such a clever guy (you are a guy ~ Yes??)
                  Anyway, thx again.
                  No sane lady with any self respect would call herself POPPABOB!

(But then there are no sane ladies here! Hear that Granny? Hee hee hee!)

Marion

Comment

• poppabob
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mh51 View Post
                    (you are a guy ~ Yes??)
                    Yup, still a guy.

At least, until the wife tells me different.
                    -=poppabob=-
                    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jul 2006

Oh poppabob, this is sooooo cool... I am doing a happy dance here..... thanks for all the work you put into creating this template for US..... Now that I've snagged it, I can't wait to use it!!!
                      God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• cntrywoman72
                        • Jul 2006

PoppaBob, great job, cant wait to use them. Thanks soo much for the share!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Ah, Marion... Such an insightful girl, we could be clones!!! Scandinavian and Cuban.... Oh, yeah!

Granny

ps: Don't change Poppabob, we need some male influence around here! Of course, there is always Steve....

Granny
                          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• MaggieMae
                            Digi Sage
                            • May 2006

Yippee!

Thanks, PoppaBob! I just tried out the template - it's so cool. I'm not sure how it works, but it works! Love it! I have to read your instructions again about the layovers and then I'm off again!
                            Julie

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Granny View Post
                              Ah, Marion... Such an insightful girl, we could be clones!!! Scandinavian and Cuban.... Oh, yeah!

Granny

ps: Don't change Poppabob, we need some male influence around here! Of course, there is always Steve....

Granny
                              Actually, it is not Scandinavian but Dutch. That's ok, we can still be clones.

Marion

Comment

Working...
                              X