X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

The Groove March 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a fresh, spring-y kit with lovely colors and very pretty embellishments.

Fiona's challenge:

Using at least 4 items from this kit (one item MUST be a butterfly or dragonfly) scrap a 'spring' layout. You may add other items from other kits but remember to give credit.

Your page must include text that has one of the following words on it: "Spring" ''Dragonfly'' or ''Butterfly'' (e.g. Like "Butterfly Dance" "Spring at Last" ). Let your creativity spring into life!

Be sure to check out the March 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, creative kits that use the "greens of March", and more!

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

hi everyone, i'm looking forward to seeing your creative pages

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ghoward
      • Jul 2006

Having trouble with the download - is anyone esle? Is coming up as an unknown file
      or an attachment which cannot be opened. When the file download box opens instead
      of having an" open" option there is the word" find". I have not had this problem before.
      Tried downloading other smb files on the forum with same result.
      Last edited by ghoward; 03-01-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• EmmaN
        • Feb 2009

Mine worked...maybe try again?

Comment

• ghoward
          • Jul 2006

Have tried several times. I think maybe something has changed on my computer????

Comment

• lindaathome
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2010

I uploaded my page to the gallery. This is my first attempt. How do I create a link? Can someone please help me? Thanks

I'm trying copying it from my Page.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...-the-air.html][/url][/URL]
            Last edited by lindaathome; 03-01-2010, 05:35 PM. Reason: Tryin g to attach a link
            I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• ksd_24_f
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2009

Fionna Thank you so much for this kit - it's beautiful! I had just the right pictures for it
              Linda, I love the way you put the flowers on the stems like that! Very creative. When you open your picture in the gallery, click on the link at the bottom of your picture, it will open two more links up - copy the 'URL' link and post it in the forum in this thread then type your message underneath it. I had the same problem when I posted my first LO as well PM me if you still are having problems.
              Kelly

Comment

• lindaathome
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2010

I'm attempting this again.

This is my first attempt at making and uploading a page for the Groove Challenge. All of the elements are from the March Challenge. Thanks Fiona for the fun elements. The paper is from the FST Week 58 Challenge. The font is Bermuda Solid. I hope I did all of this correctly. I hope you all enjoy my page.

Thank you Kelly for the help. I really appreciate it.
                Last edited by lindaathome; 03-01-2010, 10:52 PM.
                I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• memphisfran
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jul 2009

Kelly, this is adorable!
                  Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• angelwithin
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Nov 2006

Kelly & Linda those are both fabulously creative pages

, Check out my store
                    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• helenpat
                      • Dec 2009

This is the first time I have attempted a challenge and published a page (very nervous LOL). Please have a look at my effort and enjoy.

Thanks helen.

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

wonderful page Helen, you have nothing to be nervous about

, Check out my store
                        Here

Comment

• autisticwonder
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Nov 2006

Wow...LOVE the freebie kit!! We need to thaw out from all the snow for sure!! This will do it!!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Jan 2008

Spring has Sprung!

Hi

Fabulous challenge, loving the colours! Here's mine:

This is my granddaughter Ella, having great fun on her trampoline.

Everything was from the kit except the lovely bright circle embie from Diana Carmichael's kit Be! I thought it really complemented this lovely kit and it just felt so bouncy!

Well done Linda, lovely page, were the little ones having an egg hunt - what fun! Kelly your page is gorgeous. Helen, love your page of your beautiful daughter.

Wow, this gorgeous kit has really got our muses working overtime, looking forward to seeing more lovely layouts.

Blessings - FS xx
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                            I walk on a trail of song
                            And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• Kosinsky
                              • Feb 2010

Here's my first one for the challenge. Everything used from the challenge kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X