+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default The Groove March 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a fresh, spring-y kit with lovely colors and very pretty embellishments.

Fiona's challenge:

Using at least 4 items from this kit (one item MUST be a butterfly or dragonfly) scrap a 'spring' layout. You may add other items from other kits but remember to give credit.

Your page must include text that has one of the following words on it: "Spring" ''Dragonfly'' or ''Butterfly'' (e.g. Like "Butterfly Dance" "Spring at Last" ). Let your creativity spring into life!

Be sure to check out the March 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, creative kits that use the "greens of March", and more!

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files

hi everyone, i'm looking forward to seeing your creative pages

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Having trouble with the download - is anyone esle? Is coming up as an unknown file
    or an attachment which cannot be opened. When the file download box opens instead
    of having an" open" option there is the word" find". I have not had this problem before.
    Tried downloading other smb files on the forum with same result.
    Last edited by ghoward; 03-01-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Mine worked...maybe try again?

Have tried several times. I think maybe something has changed on my computer????

I uploaded my page to the gallery. This is my first attempt. How do I create a link? Can someone please help me? Thanks

I'm trying copying it from my Page.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...-the-air.html][/url][/URL]
    Last edited by lindaathome; 03-01-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Tryin g to attach a link

Fionna Thank you so much for this kit - it's beautiful! I had just the right pictures for it
    Linda, I love the way you put the flowers on the stems like that! Very creative. When you open your picture in the gallery, click on the link at the bottom of your picture, it will open two more links up - copy the 'URL' link and post it in the forum in this thread then type your message underneath it. I had the same problem when I posted my first LO as well PM me if you still are having problems.
    Kelly

I'm attempting this again.

This is my first attempt at making and uploading a page for the Groove Challenge. All of the elements are from the March Challenge. Thanks Fiona for the fun elements. The paper is from the FST Week 58 Challenge. The font is Bermuda Solid. I hope I did all of this correctly. I hope you all enjoy my page.

Thank you Kelly for the help. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by lindaathome; 03-01-2010 at 10:52 PM.

WOW! This is too much fun! I also used the Country Rose Template and added the striped paper from Scrappin Challenge 12 to make the background.