• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

Sorry...and suicide

I wanted to let you know why I haven't been on much. I'm traveling on a road no one should ever have to see let alone travel
    About a month ago, my 14 year old niece decided to end her life because no one loved her, no one wanted her (She was dating a 23 yr old man who had convinced her of these things). She took enough different drugs to kill quite a few people so I was told in the ICU (methadone, sleeping pills, oxycontin, and a few others I had never heard of). I sat and watched the Doctors fight for her life for what seemed like a lifetime but was only 2 weeks. She pulled through (we aren't sure about how much brain damage she has) only to look me in the eyes and ask "WHY?" Needless to say, My sweet, beautiful niece is in a mental hospital for a very long time because she STILL wants to die. This isn't the worse..... Her mother, my little sister is a prescription "junkie", she has been for well over 25 years. It started with pain killers and ended up methadone. 2 weeks ago I got a phone call some some girl I didn't know (on my answering machine) telling me that I should know that my sister was in the hospital. I didn't believe it. Later that evening my younger brother called me to tell me "Did you know your sister is on life support?" I again, didn't believe him as he's always been the family joker. So I decided to call the hospital where they live and the switchboard operator said yes, she is indeed in the hospital. I asked to be patched to her room and he said he couldn't but he would switch me to ICU. This is where the story gets real bad.

My sisters ICU nurse gets on the phone and says she's soooo glad I called, they have been trying to get ahold of me since FRIDAY!!!! (It's now Tuesday) I was told that my sister OD'd and was on life support. (I am her health care proxy as well as her 'keeper'. I got to the hospital in 1.5 hours. I was asked all sorts of questions about my sister. Would she try to kill herself? Would she hurt herself? Would someone want to hurt her? Soooo many questions and I didn't understand WHY they were asking them. Finally they let me in to see her. I walk in the room and breathed a sigh of relief. That's not my little sister!..The nurse assured me that it was indeed her. My baby sister was covered from the top of her head to the tips of her toes in bruises. Had she been in a car wreak???? No....someone did this to her....I had to ask if she'd been raped. Now I am sick to my stomach, wanting to throw up. I found out later that her husband (whom she hasn't lived with in over 12 years) had done it and was arrested for it. She was scared and was afraid to sleep so she took muscle relaxers but because she's an addict they didn't work so she took more, and more and more. Her older daughter found her, dragged her out to the car, smashed her face in the door (long story for the hatred) at which point my sister lost some of her bottom teeth. I did the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time. I had her commited to a hospital near me. She hates me for it but I need to be selfish and take a break from all the death and drugs and BS my family has been putting me through. She is in better shape than her daughter. Hopefully she will kick her habit and become the mother her girls need...GOD, I hope so!!!!!!
    So, there you have it, why I'm not on much. I tried getting Mikki to send you a note but the only thing she will go on is facebook and play games lol..kids! I hope everyone is well and having a good year so far. I know mine will get better soon hehe...has to right? Love to all!
    PS...on a happy note..Emily is officially walking now!!!!!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

omg babes you have been through the mill, my love and healing thoughts are with you and your family xxxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

I am so sorry Liz for everything you had to deal with. I wish I could give you some words of wisdom and comfort. But I don't even know where to begin. Just know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Hang in there! And congrats on Em's progress!

Comment

• ValerieElaine
        Digi Sage
        • Aug 2008

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't know what to say to you just know that my prayers and thoughts are winging their way to you.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• eye
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Come closer so I can hug you.Oh Whiz this is so sad.You must be in a world where you feel you are dreaming.I wished I could be there for you and lived closer.This is too much on your plate.No one on this earth should have to bare all this at one time.You are such a strong person and that is a good thing.I guess that is one of the gifts God gave you so that you can come through all this undamaged.I cannot ever imagine your pain.I luv you Whiz and my prayers are with you.Oh and this cute Angel Emily will give you all the attention you need when she starts to walk all over and get into things he he.You are truly an amazing person with a great amount of strength and wisdom and it is an honour to say gee what a perefect Angel you are. xo
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• juliescraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Aug 2007

I hate to hear of your troubles, may God be with you now and always.

Comment

• fourfoxes
              Digi Sage
              • Oct 2007

I'm so sorry to hear all that you've been going through. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as well as your sister and niece. I'm glad to hear that Emily is walking. She is the light in your world right now. HUGS

Debby
              My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• wolvsie35
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2007

GF!!!!!! I am so so sorry to hear all that you have been through....I wish I could help you...you do not need all this stress...Maybe things will be better in the future for all of them...I have so much sadness towards people that abuse drugs...Docs WANT me to go on pain meds to help the pain in my legs, etc...and this is why I said no...I would rather deal with the pain, then become an addict...I will pray for all of you sweetie...You give Em a huge hug from me...I am SO happy for her!!!!!! Take care of You hun! Love ya...XO
                I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Sep 2007

So sorry to hear what you have been though - my thoughts and prayers are with you. hugs xoxox
                  My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• Smile
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2006

Oh Wiz I am so sorry for your troubles. It must be hard to be the one everybody goes to . Please take care of yourself first and formost because you need to. No one can be that strong ,taking on everyone's problems with out some day crashing. Your so special and your family (kids and husband) love you dearly. Give Emy a big hug and kiss for me....xoxoxo
                    sigpic....

Comment

• sacannon
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Aug 2006

So sorry for what you are going through. I hope you have some one you can talk to and lean on. That is a lot to deal with. At least you did have some good news to share about Em. That is wonderful.
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X