• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazr
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2006

Poor Gypsi !

My poor Jack Russell,Gypsi has to have an operation on Friday for a Cruciate Ligament Rupture, it's a worry as Jack Russells, (terriers in general) seem to be prone to this injury, my parent's dog Catie, has had three Operations-2 on one leg & none of them have really successful, guess it's the breed, they don't know how to be still for a minute but it's a worrying time, & hope she will be ok,she is my baby .
    A year ago she was in hospital for a week with Pancreatitis, she almost didn't make it & it's an ongoing thing with her & her diet, & while in there the Vet showed me scans of her spine, the entire bottom half is fused together, he said it's extremely unusual,especially in a smal breed, & in years to come she will lose the ability to jump etc.
    Just thought I would post this & ask you to give a little prayer for her this Friday,it's truly appreciated.
    hugs Karyn.
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Awe you always will have my prayers.What a sin.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

Karyn - hope everything goes well - always stressful when a valued family member is having an operation. Keep us posted. Hugs
      Kind wishes from Carena
      Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
      Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• ValerieElaine
        Digi Sage
        • Aug 2008

Sorry to heasr about Gypsi,my prayers with you.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Poor Baby..... My Prayers will be headed your Way.......Give her a Hug from Kimmyann!!!
          Hugs!!

Comment

• dillie1
            Layout Whiz
            • Aug 2009

Karyn I am so sorry to hear this. Yes my prayers are with Gypsi. Have a speedy recovery Gypsi. Keep us posted.

Comment

• bluevelvet
              Mad Scrapper
              • Apr 2007

Awww poor baby my prayers are with you..
              CHRISTINA

Comment

• Kazr
                Layout Whiz
                • Mar 2006

Thanks Ladies, will keep you posted as promised, she goes in tomrrow morning & I'm guessing will be operated on about 11am, so won't know much until I ring tomorrow evening but as soon as I know anything I will post it here.
                hugs,Karyn.

Comment

• Kazr
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Mar 2006

I am ecstatic! Gypsi didn't need the surgery at this time, It appears she has a severe sprain to her leg & also arthritis, so she is having a course of Glucosamine injections & anti inflammatory's & needs to take it easy but the vet has stated that down the track it is likely she will need the surgery. She is a happy little doggy & so pleased to be home again tonight. Thanks to all who have been concerned for my sweet girl
                  hugs Karyn.

Comment

• Smile
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2006

Great to hear Gypsi is where she wants to be. Hope the new treatment works...........hugs Gypsi............xoxoxo
                    sigpic....

Comment

• Kazr
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Mar 2006

Gypsi seems to be coping with the injections, she is still limping but we hope this will settle over time.It's certainly a better alternative ( at least for the moment) than the Operation.
                      hugs Karyn.

Comment

• dillie1
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Aug 2009

I am sooooooo glad to here from you. I was wondering how Gypsi was doing. Thank you for the update. Now the other question, how are you doing? Hope all is well.

Comment

• Kazr
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Mar 2006

Dear Dillie,
                          Thanks for the concern about Gypsi & I. I am doing ok, had a fall before Christmas at a shopping centre(slipped on some softdrink & landed on overturned chairs) & hurt my back,it's sure been taking its time settling down,still can't move or sleep certain ways but otherwise I am doing ok
                          I hope this finds you well also,hugs
                          Karyn.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Mar 2009

O Hazr.... I didn't know you fell!!! I know how them Back strains can Be..... Long and nerve racking to recover!!! Glad to Hear the Baby is Doing OK Too....Ya'll Take Care..... Hugs!!!
                            Hugs!!

Comment

• Kazr
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Mar 2006

Thanks Kimmyann, Gypsi has had the fourth & last injection for the time being, now its a waiting game, she is also on anti inflammatory pills so hopefully we shall see an improvement.
                              I appreciate your concern(re my back) I have had a bad back for years & this has just complicated things a bit, more pain than before but nothing major showing up,it's just being stubborn.We sure don't mend as well when we get older
                              hugs Karyn.

Comment

Working...
                              X