• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Scrappin' Challenge 12

YUPPERZ!!!!!! Another week has ended and a new one has begun already...Where does the time go?!
    This week we are going to SLICE our photo's...Doing this adds some fun and style to your layouts...
    Here is your challenge:
    *Download my SBM file (below)....Papers will go directly in your backgrounds folder and the shapes will go directly into your shape folder)
    *ONLY use what is in this kit...(you must use my papers to make some elements of your own, using shapes, changing the color, maybe the texture, etc etc...If you would like to share your creations with everyone here, please do...WE LOVE FREEBIES!)
    *With that said, your page MUST consist of ONE photo using a sliced shape that I provided...
    ~Use at least 2 papers
    ~Must have a minimum of 2 elements...Can add more...<wink>
    ~One title
    ~and some journaling....
    *Upload your layout to the Designer Team Challenge Catagory in our gallery, and come back here and post it...
    *Upload any freebies you would like to give to everyone...
    *and remember to have fun with this!!!!!!!
    Here is a preview of the freebie you will be working with....

Here is my layout to show you as an example...

I have a surprise for you if you post your layout here.....So, what are you waiting for?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wolvsie35; 02-15-2010, 11:05 AM.
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

• Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Looks like I am the first so here is mine. I used all the papers and 1 sliced shape and several others. I made a template to share if anyone wants it.
    Attached Files

Comment

• dillie1
      Layout Whiz
      • Aug 2009

Beautiful and such a pretty picture. I too am longing for the Summer. Great Job!

This picture was taken from our front window on Saturday morning. I added the gold to the picture, to make it look like the sun was filtering through the trees and sliced the photo. I then layered the same photo,sliced,embossed and inverted the photo used as a frame. I then took the same photo and made a picture book.

Thank you Michelle for this awesome challenge!!!

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Beautiful!

Comment

• tanni
          • Feb 2009

WOW! Awesome freebies, Michele. I'm already intimidated, fantastic pages Marion and dillie!! gonna hafta think about this one.
          Mary S

Comment

• ksd_24_f
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2009

HOLY WOW!!! OMG, those are amazing. K, how the heck do you 'slice' a photo?? and how ever did you get that picture to look like a book? OMG, that is too cool. I love the look of a 'sliced' photo - never would have thought to do that.
            I love the freebies Michelle - all your stuff is so great!!
            I look so foward to these challenges. They really are a great tool to teach us newbies to think outside the box!
            I just recently figured out that I have to save the paper scrap as a png file so that I can change the shape of it. Or maybe there's an easier way?
            Kelly

Comment

• ksd_24_f
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2009

K, I feel like a complete nard. I asked the question before I downloaded the file. So now I realize that you just change the shape of your photo to the sliced shape! whoops!

ha, and I just figured out that if you click on the photo icon instead of the embellisment icon to choose the paper scrap then you can customize the shape!! Well look at me go now! ha ha
              That's a heck of a lot faster than saving it as an img first.. then re-opening it so that I can customize it.

Kelly
              Last edited by ksd_24_f; 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• dillie1
                Layout Whiz
                • Aug 2009

To slice a photo, download Michelle's SBM file and bring in one of your photos. Go to custom shapes and look for Scrappin Challenge 12 and you will find a few different shapes to choose from--that is slicing. The book is from also from shapes that I received from Michelle. The gold outline is from one of the colors in this challenge and then I brought in my photo and did another book shape and layered it. I have been doing this since August and am so addicted, just as you are LOL...and thanks to Michelle for these wonderful challenges. I hope this has helped.

Comment

• dillie1
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Aug 2009

Ok, Kelly I see you figured it out. I was replying when you replied. LOL I think we are caught up. Happy Scrapping...

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2009

Here's my first attempt. Wow I found this hard. No embellishments already created - had to make them all on my own Me who's embellishment crazy!! ha ha - you put me to work Wolvsie Great challenge.
                    Not sure I LOVE this LO, but it's o.k for my first attempt
                    Thanks Dillie! I'm going to have to try and duplicate your LO 'cause I just love it - love all the techniques you did on it. You're really great!
                    I love Marion's too - how did you get the paper scrap into the lettering like that?
                    Kelly
                    oh, I used all the papers and some shapes from NannyBernie Thank you!!

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                      Digi Sage
                      • Aug 2008

First one for challenge

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• wolvsie35
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2007

HOLY COW!!!!! I can't believe so many of you made a layout already...LOL...Awesome work ladies...Love all the photo's being used in these...I am so impressed with all of you...and you are all so welcome! I am trying my best to make up some cool challenges...I hope I am doing that...LOL....

It is real easy to put a patterned paper in your text hun....Write your text for a title...Go down until you find the area to change th color...there is a drop down menu there, just click pattern...to the right of that there is a browse button, click that and find the patterned paper you want to use...and there ya go.....<wink>
                        And don't forget to offer some of your elements that you create...

Here is the freebie that you all will receive via email...It isn't in the stores yet...So I hope you like it...You are the first to receive it...((HUGS)) and thanks again for all your support and comments....Truly appreciate it...

I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• sacannon
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Aug 2006

These are wonderful! I will try to get to this.
                          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• mh51
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by sacannon View Post
                            These are wonderful! I will try to get to this.
                            Me too...
                            still trying to get back to 'normal' after our vacation...!!!!

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Nov 2009

oh wow! That's a lot of great stuff! Thanks Wolvsie.
                              My embellishemnts that I make are so simple I would be embarrased to share them. When I get better, I swear I will share. I just don't think I've created anything really cool yet!
                              Thaks for the tip on putting a pattern in the text! I just tried it and it really is that easy! Thank you!!
                              Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X