+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Smile Scrappin' Challenge 12

YUPPERZ!!!!!! Another week has ended and a new one has begun already...Where does the time go?!
    This week we are going to SLICE our photo's...Doing this adds some fun and style to your layouts...
    Here is your challenge:
    *Download my SBM file (below)....Papers will go directly in your backgrounds folder and the shapes will go directly into your shape folder)
    *ONLY use what is in this kit...(you must use my papers to make some elements of your own, using shapes, changing the color, maybe the texture, etc etc...If you would like to share your creations with everyone here, please do...WE LOVE FREEBIES!)
    *With that said, your page MUST consist of ONE photo using a sliced shape that I provided...
    ~Use at least 2 papers
    ~Must have a minimum of 2 elements...Can add more...<wink>
    ~One title
    ~and some journaling....
    *Upload your layout to the Designer Team Challenge Catagory in our gallery, and come back here and post it...
    *Upload any freebies you would like to give to everyone...
    *and remember to have fun with this!!!!!!!
    Here is a preview of the freebie you will be working with....

Here is my layout to show you as an example...

I have a surprise for you if you post your layout here.....So, what are you waiting for?
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wolvsie35; 02-15-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Looks like I am the first so here is mine. I used all the papers and 1 sliced shape and several others. I made a template to share if anyone wants it.
    Attached Files

Beautiful and such a pretty picture. I too am longing for the Summer. Great Job!

This picture was taken from our front window on Saturday morning. I added the gold to the picture, to make it look like the sun was filtering through the trees and sliced the photo. I then layered the same photo,sliced,embossed and inverted the photo used as a frame. I then took the same photo and made a picture book.

Thank you Michelle for this awesome challenge!!!

Beautiful!

WOW! Awesome freebies, Michele. I'm already intimidated, fantastic pages Marion and dillie!! gonna hafta think about this one.
    Mary S

HOLY WOW!!! OMG, those are amazing. K, how the heck do you 'slice' a photo?? and how ever did you get that picture to look like a book? OMG, that is too cool. I love the look of a 'sliced' photo - never would have thought to do that.
    I love the freebies Michelle - all your stuff is so great!!
    I look so foward to these challenges. They really are a great tool to teach us newbies to think outside the box!
    I just recently figured out that I have to save the paper scrap as a png file so that I can change the shape of it. Or maybe there's an easier way?
    Kelly

K, I feel like a complete nard. I asked the question before I downloaded the file. So now I realize that you just change the shape of your photo to the sliced shape! whoops!

ha, and I just figured out that if you click on the photo icon instead of the embellisment icon to choose the paper scrap then you can customize the shape!! Well look at me go now! ha ha
    That's a heck of a lot faster than saving it as an img first.. then re-opening it so that I can customize it.

Kelly
    Last edited by ksd_24_f; 02-15-2010 at 07:30 PM.

To slice a photo, download Michelle's SBM file and bring in one of your photos. Go to custom shapes and look for Scrappin Challenge 12 and you will find a few different shapes to choose from--that is slicing. The book is from also from shapes that I received from Michelle. The gold outline is from one of the colors in this challenge and then I brought in my photo and did another book shape and layered it. I have been doing this since August and am so addicted, just as you are LOL...and thanks to Michelle for these wonderful challenges. I hope this has helped.

Ok, Kelly I see you figured it out. I was replying when you replied. LOL I think we are caught up. Happy Scrapping...

Here's my first attempt. Wow I found this hard. No embellishments already created - had to make them all on my own Me who's embellishment crazy!! ha ha - you put me to work Wolvsie Great challenge.
    Not sure I LOVE this LO, but it's o.k for my first attempt
    Thanks Dillie! I'm going to have to try and duplicate your LO 'cause I just love it - love all the techniques you did on it. You're really great!
    I love Marion's too - how did you get the paper scrap into the lettering like that?
    Kelly
    oh, I used all the papers and some shapes from NannyBernie Thank you!!