X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ErinS
    • Nov 2009

vintage military embellishments?

Hi there! I'm working on a heritage album to share with family at my grandpa's 94th birthday next week. I'm stumped trying to show off the pictures from his WWII service in Canada's air force. Oddly enough (hahaha), "war" isn't a popular scrapbooking theme, and I'm not finding anything vintage in the military kits. Can anybody help? THANKS!
  • TheFreeSpirit
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2008

Hi
    I'm sorry no one has been able to help you. I have done some research on the internet but have been unable to find anything specific.

However, it did occur to me that a google search on images using a phrase such as "Canada war" may bring some results. It gave me the possibilities of medal, museum, posters etc. When I looked under Canada War Posters I found some interesting results and wonder if any of them might be used as elements of your pages, for example as backgrounds or paperscraps. Of course, you will need to do some research to make sure you are in the right time frame. Also Wikapedia has some information which may lead to useable images.

You may also find it helpful to google for facts on food rationing, food prices and the cost of living, wages etc that could be to create elements by means of journal boxes.

I do hope you find what you need for your heritage album, what a wonderful project.

Blessings - FS xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• memphisfran
      Mad Scrapper
      • Jul 2009

These may not be what you are lookin for but maybe you could get the flavor

It's worth a look at at least! Good luck! How nice what you are doing?
      Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• ErinS
        • Nov 2009

Thanks. I will post the results of my effort in the gallery area under the heading "WW2". This is my best project to date!

Comment

Working...
        X