• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ValerieElaine
    Digi Sage
    • Aug 2008

I need your prayers.

I would like to thank you ladies for giving me hope ans support this past week. Last week I was hospitalized withb pneumonia. That was just the beginning- they told me that my pneumonia was not so bad as to make me as sick as I was. I put off going to the doctor because i THOUGHT THAT IT WAS JUST A COLD. bed rest should take care of it. ws I wrong. Along with the pneaumonia I was severely dehydrated. I had a gastrintestinal infection and they thought maybe a small heart attack. My sugar counts wre either high or low no normals for a few days. I only have one kidney and they had to watch it very carefully. During this time I kept thinking of you ladies, and telling myself that you have been in worse placesand if you can do it so can I and for that I thank you.
    I now have to ask a big favour form you. Besides everything else that went wrong I have been diagnosed with COPD. I 'm a smokier and I must quit and I am trying even my dear hubbie is trying , the house is becoming a non smoking place and he smokes more than me. I need your prayers and support.

hugs Val

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole
  • dillie1
    Layout Whiz
    • Aug 2009

Valerie--so sorry to here this about you. Of course you and your hubby will be in my prayers. My husband was in the same situation as you, he had to give up smoking. March 3 2006, was his last cigarette. He has not picked up a cigarette since and he has been in good health since. I know if you set your mind to this, you also will be able to stop. So if you need a cigarette, you will need to get on the computer and scrap something to take your mind off of it. Good Luck and you will most definitely be kept in my prayers. Feel Better Soon!

Comment

• wolvsie35
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2007

Sweetie, both of you will be in my prayers...I think of this entire community too when I am down and out...and it sure helps me through...We all have something to go through, but with the help of everyone's prayers...we seem to pull through...Amazing, isn't it? You have a lot of issues like me it seems...You are Diabetic? Are you on Dialysis yet? My kidneys are only working 27% together...So I am on the verge of losing one..Always going in for tests too...UGH...You try to stay healthy hun...Diabetis is hard and seems to ruin all your organs..Keep sugars under control will help...If you ever need to talk..You know my email...<wink>
      Sending big hugs your way!!!!!!
      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

Oh Val!!!! I was wondering where you was!!!! I Will Hold your Hand in My Prayers!!! The Smoking is Very Hard if You have been a Smoker for years. When you get the Urge, Scrap, clean, Call someone, to take your mind off of it. The urge will pass.

Prayers Coming Your Way!!!
        Hugs and Kisses!!!!
        Hugs!!

Comment

• Smile
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2006

My dear friend off course we will all be praying for you. It sounds like you have been a pretty sick girl. I am so glad that you finally went to a doctor. I can't even imagine just how sick you have been feeling and trying to cure yourself. For your husband to try quiting smoking along with you just show's how much he cares and wants you around for along time to come.Our men sometimes have a hard time to show emotion but in times like this it comes through. I wish you all the luck in the world in quiting because it is a very, very, hard thing to do and only us smokers know what it is like. Please keep us informed in just how you are making out and we will keep praying.......xoxoxo.......
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Smile; 02-03-2010, 06:07 AM.
          sigpic....

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

Valerie you are added to my prayer list! I know how hard it is to quit smoking--I am currently trying to quit AGAIN! So good luck to you and your hubby and hope you can beat the smoking habit!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
              Layout Whiz
              • Sep 2007

My prayers are with you Valerie hugs xoxox
              My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                Digi Sage
                • Aug 2008

Ladies bless you all. So far I haven't had a ciggie, but sometimes i really crave. I have been smoking for 40 years and this is hard, but I ask myself do you want to smoke or do you want to breathe?

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• dillie1
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Aug 2009

Now that is real great news. Keep up the great fight and you will WIN!! You're still in my prayers.

Comment

• Love4Scrap
                    • Apr 2007

VAL... YOU WILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS HERE TOO,AS WELL AS YOUR HUSBAND !!!! I am very proud of you for being as courages as you are with something I know is hard. My Father is a smoker and has been all his life... well the 22 years i have known him and for him quiting was one of the hardest things,but as everyone says here WE ARE WITH YOU AND OUR PRAYERS WILL BE HERE TIL YOU WIN THE BATTLE .... AND WE KNOW THAT YOU WILL WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............. ........ WHATEVER YOU NEED FROM US YOU HAVE ..... TALK,SCRAP TIL MIDNIGHT WITH A BUDDY HERE,CANDY SENT THAT WAY... OK, I know that candy may not be the best , but I am serious I send as Many bags that way as needed to help you get thru this !!!!! JUST SAY THE WORD!!!!!

HUGS
                    Daneta and Family !!!!

Comment

• eye
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

I know how hard it is to quitt but once you get past that first week it slowly gets better.I do hope you start to feel better and you always will have my prayers.You can do it xo
                      sigpic
                      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                      X