+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New here

Question New here

I am new to this forum, the program and scrapbooking in general. I am wondering if there is a binder of some sort to place the pages I create. It's fun making the pages but I want an actual book.

Dolly,
    I Buy my Books at Craft Stores or Walmart. My Pages just slide right in the pages sleeves.

Signature Made with Sandy Shores, Sea Story, Memory Beach

Are you using photo albums or scrapbooks? Andrea

Scrapbooks

Default scrapbooks

I have bought a few books as well, but have not printed any pages yet. I made a small one for my sister in law and just printing the 8x10's at Walmart cost me $20 for seven pages and then I had to trim the edges.
    Is there a cheaper way to print our pages? I believe my printer only prints out a max size paper of 8x10 but the scrap book pages are 12x12.
    Is it cheaper to print from home? I guess I'd have to buy a scrapbook printer? Hmmmm, questions questions... I can't wait to make a whole album.
    It's my mom's 60th birthday this year and also their 40th wedding anniversary - holy scrappin' opportunities!!

What I do is Make My Pages 8 x 8, I print them with my AWESOME HP 3 in 1 (LOVE IT!!!) I can trim my pages with a Slide trimmer I got at Craft store to fit in a 8 x 8 book or Let my Pages Have the White frame and Put them in the regular 8 x 11.5 pages. I use cardstock 110lb paper, they Look Great!!!!

(You can open your page, go to page settings, size and change a 12 x 12 to a 8 x8, I messed up a few weeks ago and had to do it to a 30 page scrapbook I had been working on for WEEKS!!!!!)

LOL.....Kel you are Addicted!!! Looking a head for more things to scrap is a Sign!!!!!!

Thanks for those tips! I don't seem to be getting clean crisp prints. I have 2 printers here and I'm getting good prints on either?????

Is your Printer set up for Best Pictures? and What kind of Paper are you using?
    The first time I printed a LO I used picture paper and it look like the picture had a Rash!!!!
    I went in and looked and changed a few settings and used plain paper and it Looked Great, then I got my new printer and I started using card stock paper!!!!

I tried using photo paper too. I found some 110lb card stock I had here and now the pages look great. My HP is a professional photograph printer so the settings are already for the best pictures but who knew the paper would make such a big difference. Thanks for all your help. Now I just need to find some nice albums.

I just made a scrapbook for my daughter of her Greece trip...uploaded my pages to Costco photo had them printed out for 1.49 a page 8 x 8...I want her book to last a long time, home printers fade real fast...Costco did a fantastic job on the printing, bought an album at Michaels and 4 packs of extra pages, she ended up with 92 pages of her gorgeous trip.
    What a fun fun project that was and Scrapbook Max was with me every page of the way
    hugggs, Chrissy