• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StormyMelody
    • Jul 2007

Zipped Files

Hi,
    I am only new to this and am astounded at all the gorgeous things people have made! I am having a problem with zipped files.
    I download the file but after I unzip it, it keeps telling me that it is not a valid SBM file. Every zipped file I have downloaded gives me the same result so I have to be doing something wrongly! Also, the embellishments or templates all turn into jpegs after I unzip the folder.
    Help, how can I use the contents of zipped files with SBM???

Thanks,
    Storm
  • ValerieElaine
    Digi Sage
    • Aug 2008

When I download zipped files and unzip them , I save to my designers folder. In Scrapbook Max,I use the drag and drop. with SBM open I then go to the folder I want and click on the file and "drag and drop it" to SBM work area. A box will pop up,asking if you want to import as a backgroun,embellishment, paper scrap or embllisment.
    I keep most of my scrapbooking files on my external harddrive, to avoid using space on harddrive.
    I hope you can understand this and that it helps.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• StormyMelody
      • Jul 2007

Thank-you very much. However, how do I open SBM as well as the folder where I put the unzipped material together on the same page in order to drag and drop?

Comment

• ValerieElaine
        Digi Sage
        • Aug 2008

After I have opened SBM I go to very top and click on the sqare beside the close button , this makes it a bit smaller. Next i go to start/computer/Drive/ folder/fileI want . click on file hold and drag adn drop. Make sure the display is small like SBM. After just minimize and it will be on your task bar or desktop to use at any time. I'm not too computer savvy with the instructions but I tried my best.Hope this helps. I would love to see your layouts.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• StormyMelody
          • Jul 2007

Thank-you so much. I tried it and it worked. Thank-you for sharing.

Storm

Comment

• mh51
            Scrap Guru
            • Jul 2006

Thank you for leaving such lovely words on my BLOG... I was just about to answer your questions, but guess you've sorted things out now...

Lots of Love n HAPPY NEW YEAR..... TO ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
            X