• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandy
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jan 2006

Copyrights & Addon Digital Kits

Does anyone have any information on how to share templates when using content other than what comes with Scrapbook MAX!? What I mean is, if I use someone else's paper background, can I make a template and share it or would that be infringing on someone's rights?

Thanks for any insight.

Sandy
  • Scrapbook MAX!
    Your Host, Gracie!
    • Jan 2006

Hi Sandy,

If you are using digital kits and elements created by someone else in your scrapbooks, you should not share them with anyone else. So, creating a template for your own use would be fine, but you should not upload it here or give it away for other people to use. On the other hand, you can certainly use those kits in your scrapbooks and then publish your finished scrapbook as JPG image using Scrapbook MAX! and then share your finished work in the gallery. That's really what those kits are for - they're fantastic for use in your Scrapbook MAX! projects, but you can't "redistribute" the individual image files - just the results of your work, which is the best part anyhow!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Corey
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2006

Yes, the only exception being if you can get permission from the content creator to use their content for distribution. In some cases all it takes is a polite email. But other than that one should definitely only use content which is clear for redistribution.

It's worth noting that it's pretty easy to create your own content in a lot of cases, and that's a great way to go, I'm always happy to assist in that area if anyone has any questions. Also I'm happy to take requests for certain embellishments and stuff if someone is planning to post the templates here for others to use. In other words if you plan on posting a valentine's template here for sharing and you need someone to build a heart embellishment for you, post a request thread in the forum and I'm sure myself or one of the others will be able to assist.

Note : All the stuff I post is free and clear for redistribution. In each case I have either created the content from scratch or I have used elements which were clear for distribution.
      Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• srussell
        Digi Sage
        • Feb 2006

Copyrights

Like Corey said, same here... If anyone would like to use a specific background or embellishment (i.e like the Dogs "paw print"), just send me an e-mail... I certainly don't have a problem with it... Just don't claim it as your own or sell it as part of a collection (unless you get permission)

Another option is if you want to use and redistribute the template, just give the creator fo the content you used credit somewhere... That's usually enough for me...

Steve Russell
        sigpic
        Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
        My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Corey
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2006

Yes. If in doubt, email the content creator. Most people are very friendly and co-operative.
          Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Sandy
            Mad Scrapper
            • Jan 2006

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

• Rhoda
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Scrapbook MAX!
              Hi Sandy,

If you are using digital kits and elements created by someone else in your scrapbooks, you should not share them with anyone else. So, creating a template for your own use would be fine, but you should not upload it here or give it away for other people to use. On the other hand, you can certainly use those kits in your scrapbooks and then publish your finished scrapbook as JPG image using Scrapbook MAX! and then share your finished work in the gallery. That's really what those kits are for - they're fantastic for use in your Scrapbook MAX! projects, but you can't "redistribute" the individual image files - just the results of your work, which is the best part anyhow!
              I'm still a fairly new user to ScrapbookMax. I haven't had mine for 2 months yet.
              If you are making templates out of paid kits or designer freebies, each designer has a "tou" (terms of use) that should be read before making a template to be mass-shared.
              Most of the digital designers at the digi-scrapping sites will not allow you to make a template & share with others.
              http://jenjen.typepad.com/stoppiracy/ is a wealth of information for anyone who wants to respect the right of designers & know what is acceptable use & not.
              Rhoda

Comment

• Sandy
                Mad Scrapper
                • Jan 2006

A good rule of thumb would be this: if your template is made of elements that you made yourself or came directly from Scrapbook MAX!, you can share them as a template. If you used someone else's embellishments/papers/digital kits, you should not post your template to share - you should put it in the Scrapbook Gallery. In the gallery be sure to give credit where credit is due (check the TOU for this information).

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Ditto, ditto, ditto... and ditto!

Ditto,

Granny
                  sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                  X