X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

MaggieMae, you may have just given us the clue we needed!

I was able to get it to crash on undo -- but only if the ruler was visible.

We were able to find the cause of that crash and correct it. However we're going to look a bit deeper and see if there are any other causes.

Those of you who ran into this problem:
    1. Did you have the ruler turned on at the time?
    2. Does the problem go away if you turn the ruler off?
    It would be very helpful if you could try turning off the ruler and see if you can still get the program to crash on Undo.

I want to make sure there isn't more than one problem with the Undo before we release another update.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Wow - who would have thought of something so ordinary! I'm so glad I added the p.s. about the toolbars and ruler! I can't test it, though, because I went back to the original V.2
      Julie

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Lorne, I uninstalled and reinstalled the full version from the link you sent me, and at first I had no trouble at all with the undue button, then I read the part about the ruler and Maggie Mae is right, as soon as I turned on the ruler and hit undue, I had the same problem. I do get a message about a access violation and then it tells me Sbm stopped working and must shut down. (Vista)
        Hope this helps.

Comment

• mollie
          • Nov 2009

Lorne

I also did uninstall and reinstall with the link you gave me. Yesterday I was working without the ruler and erased and undo --I had no problem. I just logged in and turned the ruler on and erased and undo--I get the error that SBM stopped working and had to shut down. I logged back in and turned the ruler off and it is working fine. I am on WindowVista...

Still Loving the eraser!!

Thank you for all you do!!

Mollie

Comment

• dillie1
            Layout Whiz
            • Aug 2009

Hello, Lorne:

I did the unistall and reinstalled with the link you sent me. Since the ruler wasn't turned on-I had no problem erasing and and if I hit undo--also no problem. When I turned the ruler on--my SBM gave me an error message and automatically shut down. Went back in and turned the ruler off--erased and hit the undo --no problem at all. I am working on Window Vista..

Thank you!
            Dillie

Comment

• KPierce
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2007

Same here I uninstalled and reinstalled and installed the full file you sent me rather than from update.

I have Vista 32 bit with 4 GB RAM.

I have found two consistencies: if I have the ruler on, I can undo only if I do NOT have object handles <selected> on. I have to deselect any object and then I can undo, and redo, etc. many times as long as I do NOT have any object handles showing.

If I turn off the ruler, I can undo all I want to undo with the object handles <selected> and w/o the object handles <selected>.

PDF with errorserror.pdf
              My buddy is GrannyWin.
              My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• Lorne
                Super Moderator
                • Jan 2006

Thanks everyone for your assistance, we fixed that problem. It was caused by a change made as part of another fix to the ruler in 2.0.3.0.
                Lorne ( )
                Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                X