+ Reply to Thread

Default What to do with papers

When you download a kit or freebie, where do you put the papers to give you the most flexibility? If I put them into backgrounds, I can only select them for backgrounds, not for embellishing. If I put them into paper scraps, I can't crop them. If I put them into embellishments, I find it possible, but more of a hassle to use them for backgrounds. What does everyone else do?
    Christine
    wife to Steve since June/91 and homeschooling mama to dd (May/94) - who is married to dsil (July/92), ds (June/98), dd (Oct/01), dd (Dec/03), dd (Oct/05), ds (March/08), ds (Oct/10), and ds (Nov/12).

Smile

Hi Christine,

You are getting seriously addicted now!! LOL I don't put anything new into SBM except shapes. The rest I save to My Documents - My Pictures - Scrapbooking. Under Scrapbooking I save things under the Designer's name. You can also save by colors, papers, embies, etc. whatever works for you best! Then you drag things from these files into your project as you need them. I always have both SBM open and my Scrapbooking file. When I see a paper or embie I like, I just drag it onto the project and I usually import it as a picture so that I can manipulate it anyway I want.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will give you lots of ideas, too!
    Julie

This is just me, but I put them in backgrounds and scraps...Just so I can use them for everything...lol...Sometimes, I even use them as a photo, depending on what I want to do with them...
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Okay, so if they go into scraps, you can only resize, right, not crop?
    Christine
    wife to Steve since June/91 and homeschooling mama to dd (May/94) - who is married to dsil (July/92), ds (June/98), dd (Oct/01), dd (Dec/03), dd (Oct/05), ds (March/08), ds (Oct/10), and ds (Nov/12).