+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Isolate Person/Object

Hi everyone!!!

I don't know where to search since I don't know the terminology for isolating a person or an object... Please help.

I've been seeing alot of people isolated/cropped(?) & inserted into fairy tales type scrap pages. Can we do that SBM? I just downloaded Corel Paint Shop... can someone direct me to instructions on how crop out a child/person from the rest of the picture...

Like this picture...http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...user/4318/sl/k

Thank you so much!!!!
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    vnginger

To do this you need an eraser. Right now scrapbook max v2 does not have this but I heard rumor that we might get one in an update!!!!!! Right now I use paint.NET for this. It is a free download and is pretty easy to understand. Good luck to you and happy scrappin.

Default Thanks, Julie

I've used the eraser before in Paint Shop & I see it in Corel too. You have to be very careful in erasing around the edges. I thought there was an easier way. I recall reading it somewhere... I just have to look for it again. It has been awhile since i looked around for it.

But I will install paint.NET too & try it.

Thanks a bunch.

Merry Christmas to you!

Cool

We use Serif Photoplus, which has a wonderfully easy process called Extract. Its the easiest one I've used so far. But I wait with baited breath to see what goodies are in our update ... I've heard whispers too.

Blessings - FS xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

I use "Magic Extractor" in Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, it is so easy and works really well.

My friends are eye, Mahler, Marshalynn, Poppabob, MrsPeel, dillie1, diamondsden, Memphisfran and NannyBernie.

Paint.NET also has a magic wand so I incorporate that with the use of the eraser and zooming very big and it works pretty well for me.

Smile

As everyone has written, we don't have an extraction method in SBM yet, but it seems like it's going to be in the update! If you happen to have Photoshop Elements it has a great extractor - can't wait for the update!! Also, RealDrawPro has a quick extractor if your background is a good contrast! Granny has had a great set of tutorials for using Real Draw - I love, love it!
    Julie

Also, RealDrawPro has a quick extractor if your background is a good contrast!
    Can you tell me what they call their method, I have tried extract in help and eraser but it doesn't help. Just point me in the direction if you can, I really have nothing left in my piggy bank for tutorials right now.

Blessings - FS xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

I don't know how the rumours about an eraser coming very soon in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 got started, but I would guess that if there was going to be such a thing, it would probably be a middle-of-the-road eraser tool: simple enough to be easy to use, but not as "automatic" as some of the more advanced/expensive tools out there.

Although the tool itself might be pretty basic, it would be really useful if it was non-destructive, so you could go and make changes to the erased bits at any time...erasing a bit more, or even un-erasing some parts.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Promises, promises....tease, tease, tease. I guess "soon" is relative Sure would be helpful to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I don't know how the rumours about an eraser coming very soon in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 got started, but I would guess that if there was going to be such a thing, it would probably be a middle-of-the-road eraser tool: simple enough to be easy to use, but not as "automatic" as some of the more advanced/expensive tools out there.

Although the tool itself might be pretty basic, it would be really useful if it was non-destructive, so you could go and make changes to the erased bits at any time...erasing a bit more, or even un-erasing some parts.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.