+ Reply to Thread

Default New and need help please

Hi. I have only had SBM a few days and think I am going to love it but right now I am frustrated! I can't print 8.5 x 11 without white edges. How do you get it to print to the edge of the page? Thanks for the help.

I am not sure, but that may depend on your printer. A lot of printers don't print to the edge unless there is a special setting.

Thank you. Don't know what the problem is because I always print borderless photos.....hope someone can help

I think I may be able to help here. Before you print your page click on file then page setup there it will list your printer as well as a drop down menu that will let you pick the size of the paper you are using and whether you want border or not...You can also choose portrait or landscape...You have to do this first then you can print your page. It won't automatically print borderless until you set it to do so...Hope this helps...
    CHRISTINA

Thanks. I did try that. I never have trouble printing borderless photos but for some reason I can't do it in SBM. I think I read that the default size is 8x8. Do most people print in that size?

Yes the default size is 8x8. So if you leave it in the default without changing it to the size you want it to be it will print 8x8 no matter what you put in the printer properties...If you go to the PAGE menu in SBM go to settings and you can change the size of your project to 8 1/2 x 11. Then follow what I posted earlier and it should print an 8 1/2 x 11 borderless. All I have ever printed are borderless so I know SBM is capable of doing it...But you know our wonderful friend the computer if something isn't just right it becomes very fussy!!lol Anyways hope you get it going...
    CHRISTINA

Well, I tried that too. Still have white edges. Tried printing 8x8 and it has white edges too. Thanks to all who tried to help. Do other people have this problem?

I must apologise for posting this here but I'm going around in circles trying to find out how to deregister actually. I joined this wonderful site some years ago and never did get around to participating as I'd originall hoped. Can someone please advise the correct procedure for me to deregister. I'm currently being prohibited from starting a New Topic in FAQ's nor can I send a PM. Hence my reason for popping in here out of necessity.

Regards
    Pauline Black

Hey Gypsy,
    Have you tried publishing your pages and then printing through windows to see if it will print edge to edge there? Maybe this will fix the problem.