• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

It's Official!

I HATE Windows 7!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For graphic users like us who some, like me have THOUSANDS of graphic files on different drives. Windows 7 has taken away completely the ability to arrange our folders manually. Say you DL a kit or qp whatever from another site as soon as you unzip the file, it moves the folder so if you , like me have thousands of graphic files, have to search through thousands of folders to find the one you just unzipped and what heaven forbid, if you don't remember the name? sometimes unzipped files are named different than when they were zipped.
    I was on MS forums for 3 days looking for a solution and guess what? THERE ISN'T ONE! MS tells us that (and I Quote)
    Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers Community.
    The change in Windows 7 is by design, but if you feel that this is something you would like changed, please submit your suggestion at the Microsoft Connect site for feedback.

I am going back to XP as of today! I can do everything with XP that I can in 7 but what I can't do in 7 is too numerous to list.
    Now don't bite my head off, this is just my opinion but Win7 was NOT made for anyone who uses alot of graphic or even music files for that matter.

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
    I HATE Windows 7!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For graphic users like us who some, like me have THOUSANDS of graphic files on different drives. Windows 7 has taken away completely the ability to arrange our folders manually. Say you DL a kit or qp whatever from another site as soon as you unzip the file, it moves the folder so if you , like me have thousands of graphic files, have to search through thousands of folders to find the one you just unzipped and what heaven forbid, if you don't remember the name? sometimes unzipped files are named different than when they were zipped.
    I was on MS forums for 3 days looking for a solution and guess what? THERE ISN'T ONE! MS tells us that (and I Quote)
    Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers Community.
    The change in Windows 7 is by design, but if you feel that this is something you would like changed, please submit your suggestion at the Microsoft Connect site for feedback.

I am going back to XP as of today! I can do everything with XP that I can in 7 but what I can't do in 7 is too numerous to list.
    Now don't bite my head off, this is just my opinion but Win7 was NOT made for anyone who uses alot of graphic or even music files for that matter.
    Oh darn.We should have a choice on what windows we want.I was forced with vista before it was actually out on market and it was no good but with my laptop they had a better vista.Thanks for the heads up.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• knzus
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2007

Don'tcha just HATE change!

I'm still trying to get over the loss of 8-track tape players.

LOL!

Glad I have my trusty XP.
      Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Vista does the same, but you can change how you sort it, right click and sort by whatever function you would like. name, date, type etc. You can add to the list too. I am assuming windows 7 to be about the same.

Comment

• mswizard
          Digi Sage
          • Mar 2007

Wish it was Marion but not the case here. You can sort like you said but as I stated, if you have a ton of zip files and unzip them, Win7 put's them where it wants, ie alphabetically etc. Whereas in XP I could name a new folder say ABC and that folder would stay where I put it. There are over a thousand folks so far who are up in arms about this. For instance, I had purchased several kits over the last few weeks, when I went to unzip them the other day, instead of staying on the bottom where they would have in XP for me to move manually where I wanted them. Win7 moved them in alphabetic order. Normally this really wouldn't be a problem but when you are talking about almost a TB of files and folders, I can't find anything unless I go through each and every file on that certain HD!

Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• mswizard
            Digi Sage
            • Mar 2007

And why in the world did my original post post twice?!?!

Comment

• Kazr
              Layout Whiz
              • Mar 2006

I hate change, give me XP anyday,its great for graphics & I for one will shed a tear when they stop making it & doing updates etc.
              hugs to all having probs!
              Karyn.

Comment

• knzus
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
                And why in the world did my original post post twice?!?!
                Wowwwwwww, it wasn't there yesterday!

Threads ghosting themselves... hmmmmmmm....
                Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• makeyesup
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2006

Curiosity question since I still have XP; however, do need a new puter and was happy vista is out and 7 is in.

Where do you save your zip files before unzipping? I have a temp folder on my EHD called ScrapbookZips. They all go in there until I get to unzipping them.

Assuming that I can still use this process when I upgrade to Windows 7.........????

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• mswizard
                    Digi Sage
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by makeyesup View Post
                    Curiosity question since I still have XP; however, do need a new puter and was happy vista is out and 7 is in.

Where do you save your zip files before unzipping? I have a temp folder on my EHD called ScrapbookZips. They all go in there until I get to unzipping them.

Assuming that I can still use this process when I upgrade to Windows 7.........????
                    Yes, you can still save your downloads anywhere you choose. I have 3 EHD's that are strictly for Scrapbooking and crafts and a few more strictly for back up and one for movies. I add a new folder each month for kits that I buy and unzip them all in that folder. On 2 of my EHD's I have all my folders in no particular order nor in nice neat folders..which is what is causing me no ends of headaches trying to find where I unzipped a file/folder from a designer I have on another EHD.

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

Oh I was so hoping Windows 7 would be brilliant. My son has it and he's not keen
                      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• MaggieMae
                        Digi Sage
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                        Oh I was so hoping Windows 7 would be brilliant. My son has it and he's not keen
                        Me, too! I was feeling so good that I escaped Vista before needing a new computer. XP has been such a great system - I wonder why they just don't go back to it!!!
                        Julie

Comment

• MarthaT
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Jan 2009

I still use XP
                          Be Happy

Comment

Working...
                          X