+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have changed a few files that didn't have previews to file name _sbmax and they show up on windows, but not on SBM. I have no idea why, as they appear the same as the other files. Hey! I just thought of something...maybe they need to be .smb files? I will go and try that.
    Christine
    wife to Steve since June/91 and homeschooling mama to dd (May/94) - who is married to dsil (July/92), ds (June/98), dd (Oct/01), dd (Dec/03), dd (Oct/05), ds (March/08), ds (Oct/10), and ds (Nov/12).

Okay...I couldn't manage to save as an .smb file, but I did save as a .jpeg and it worked!!

I copied the picture I wanted to be the main one, pasted it right back into the file, changed the name to _sbmax, opened it and saved it as a .jpeg.

Whew.

Editing to add that I also have to shrink the files to a small size sometimes to get them to work.
    Last edited by ChristineG; 12-10-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Christine
    wife to Steve since June/91 and homeschooling mama to dd (May/94) - who is married to dsil (July/92), ds (June/98), dd (Oct/01), dd (Dec/03), dd (Oct/05), ds (March/08), ds (Oct/10), and ds (Nov/12).

The SBM preview image for folders needs to be _sbmax.jpg for it to show in your SBM program...

....and the size we make for that preview image is 100px by 100px

(most of us also add an extra preview image that is a bit bigger for you to look at once you are inside the folder but the above is what you are asking about)

Hope that clarifies it for you
    Last edited by knzus; 12-10-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Thanks, Diana. I did manage to figure out most of that by myself, but it is helpful to have it clarified.

While I have you here, may I say that I love all of your stuff. I have downloaded and used many of your freebies and will definitely purchase some of your goodies from the SBM store in the New Year.
    Christine