+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smile Thanks, Desmond!

I thought I had done everything to fix my publishing problem but then I read that you need to turn the computer off and then reinstall! It worked!! Fingers crossed - it will keep on publishing!

I went back to V.1 while it wasn't publishing and I missed V.2 soooo much!!

I missed:

The ability to play with the shadowing.
    The text options (especially blending two colors).
    The cropping tool when you click on the picture.
    The ability to play with the colors and use an eyedropper!
    The inverted shape option.
    The speedy print preview! (Love it especially)
    And more . . .

Thank you to everyone who works so hard at providing an awesome digital scrapbooking program.
    Julie

Publishing is done at a much higher level of quality in version 2 than it was in version 1. Unfortunately this means that on old/slow computers, it can take a long time.

If you're having troubles publishing, here are some things to try:
    • Close other programs and make sure only one instance of Scrapbook MAX! is running.
    • Turn off your computer and restart it.
    • Disable other programs that run in the background and use up system memory.
    • Use a smaller output size, or reduce the page size. For example, printing a 12x12 page at 300 dpi needs more memory than a 12x12 page at 200 dpi, for very little difference in quality.
    • If you're using very large photos (e.g. from a digital SLR camera), try resizing the image files smaller before you add them to your project. Scrapbook MAX uses smaller images temporarily during layout, but when you print it loads the original images at full size to ensure the highest possible quality, even for images that are heavily cropped. Note that 1.0 didn't do this -- when you cropped an image in 1.0 you were losing a lot of detail compared to version 2.0.
    • Install more RAM in your computer.
    • Upgrade to a computer with more RAM and/or a faster CPU. Scrapbook MAX is designed to run best on modern systems (e.g. less than 3 years old) with more than 1 GB of RAM.
    • Be patient. If you're using an old computer, graphics-intensive things like publishing high-fidelity images will sometimes take longer. "(Not responding)" just means the computer is devoting all its attention to publishing at the moment. Think of it as an opportunity to go give someone nice a hug.
    If publishing is taking a long time, it's most likely a "not enough memory" problem, so try to leave as much memory free for Scrapbook MAX to use as possible.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Default New Version of Scrapbook Max 2

Hi, I am getting scrapbooking software as a Christmas present and was thinking of requesting Scrapbook Max 2. However, I see there are major issues but that you are releasing a 'fixed' version. I don't want to buy the first version which is, I am guessing, the current download on the home page. When will we know when the fixed version is released?

Also, if I do buy the fixed version and there are still major problems, can I get the first version as a replacement....or any additional updates and fixes for free (to replace the glitchy software)?

Thank you,
    Artist in Love

Hello Artist, first off there are no Major issues, just a few little glitches. I have been using version 2 as soon as it came out and have had virtually no problems at all with it. ( I had version 1 for 3 years) version 2 is a wonderful upgrade with many new features that our members here requested.
    I would not hesitate to get version 2 and when the updates are released in the near future, they are free. I have used many different scrapbook programs before, but none are as good and as easy as this one. So go ahead and get it and I promise you won't be sorry!

Hi Artist

I'd have to agree with Marion. I thought version 1 was fabulous, but I thought the new version looked really exciting and I haven't been disappointed once. The glitches are managable given the improvements the developers have made in the software and we have been told there will be an update very shortly, which will fix the bugs.

Although I haven't used any other scrapbooking software I have tried a rather wide variety of card making programs all of which were disappointing. They seems quite amateurish in comparison to SBM. I now make all my cards on SBM instead of using dedicated card making programs. Its an excellent piece of software.

Blessings - FS xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Default SBM 2 fixes

Thanks so much, Marion! That is good to know. I had simply read that someone was having a hard time publishing their pages and having to turn off the computer, uninstall, reinstall, reboot, etc... to get it to work. Major problems in my book. I would hate to design a bunch of pages and then not be able to save them and send them off to be printed!

I would like to use this software to do hybrid (and completed) pages and print them off at 12x12 size for my traditional scrapbooks. I only do 12x12 and I will need to be able to save these to send off to be printed as individual sheets. Is this the software for me?? I have read that the default is 8x8. Will these enlarge to 12x12 and still print at a very high quality?

Thank so much for answering my questions. I saw that you have been using the software for a while so you might be the perfect person to answer my questions!

You can set the page size to any size you want. I do mostly in 8x8, because I ran out of room for my albums. But I have done many ins 12x12 in 200 dpi with fantastic results. A lot of sites tell you they want them in 300 dpi, I have found that is overkill, 200 is just fine and the files are much more manageable.
    Hope this helps!