+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone use Windows 7?

I got my new computer and figured I would try out win7. So far...I HATE it! I am gonna try playing with it for a while to see if things get better but I'm thinking I'll end up back with my trusty XP

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

I am considering upgrading to windows 7 in the future. I heard it is suppose to be real good. Why go back to a operating system like XP which is 2 versions ago? Soon they will no longer have fixes and updates to that program. Be bold and adventures! May as well get used to the new operating system.

I remember saying the same thing when I first loaded Windows 98 over Windows 3.1! Lasted all of 30 minutes before I got rid of that no good OS.

Funny thing is I said the same thing about XP when I replaced Windows 98 and I imagine I'll have words to say about Windows 7 when I migrate in a couple weeks.

Growing pains. From what I've seen on my friend's computer Windows 7 is pretty rock solid.
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

will sbm work with windows 7 without any glitches, I am thinking of changing over also my son in law has it and he loves it

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

I hated vista when I got it as I got the one that was put out to soon.But the newer vista was much better.I may be getting you know who a laptop and we will see how well 7 works.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

As far as performance goes...ya can't beat it. I am having a hard time with files, folders and OMG the control panel is soooo messed up! Like I said...I'm gonna give it a shot I can tell you..I have yet to come across a program that Win7 can't run!!! CS4, PSP, SBM.....

Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

In windows vista you can change the control panel settings to "classic view" that may be an option in windows 7. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    In windows vista you can change the control panel settings to "classic view" that may be an option in windows 7. Check it out.
    It's not the view. MS changed the way EVERYTHING works. Like the other day, I disabled my internet connection for a few minutes to do something and when I went to ENABLE it, I couldn't..not the easy way like in XP ya just right click and enable it again..now ya have to go to a completely different place to find it?.

I'm just playing and writing notes

Quote Originally Posted by eye View Post
    I hated vista when I got it as I got the one that was put out to soon.But the newer vista was much better.I may be getting you know who a laptop and we will see how well 7 works.
    What do you mean by ""You Know Who"" ?????????????????????? The only one I can think of is YOU............but you already have a new laptop....???????? Stop holding out on me..............

Quote Originally Posted by mswizard View Post
    It's not the view. MS changed the way EVERYTHING works. Like the other day, I disabled my internet connection for a few minutes to do something and when I went to ENABLE it, I couldn't..not the easy way like in XP ya just right click and enable it again..now ya have to go to a completely different place to find it?.

I'm just playing and writing notes
    .....maybe you could send a 'shortcut' to your desktop...!!!