• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gotart
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2006

Print Preview

I don't know if this has been a problem for anyone else or if it has been addressed already, but when I go into print preview it is very blurry. I didn't think it would matter but I am noticing it does. Can this be changed somehow?

sigpic

• Gotart
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2006

Just asking again. Can the print preview on v.2 be clear like on V.1? Thanks

sigpic

Comment

• johndavid
      • Nov 2009

Yeah it happened on my computer as well.. maybe they are working on it

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2008

Hi

Does it make any difference if you change the preferences: Edit, Preferences. I've attached a screenshot.

I can't really tell as I am currently on my notebook and the screen isn't really big enough to tell if there's a difference.

Blessings - FS xx
        Attached Files
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
        I walk on a trail of song
        And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2008

OK, I totally get what you're seeing now.

I've just tested it on my desktop and no matter what the display setting, the preview is very poor.

You're right also, the preview was superior in SBM v1.

Blessings - FS xx
          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
          I walk on a trail of song
          And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• makeyesup
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2006

Haven't used the print preview as I have a habit of using the zoom capability to check things out before I print. That way I usually find the little items that are off center or not exactly where they should be.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• MarthaT
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jan 2009

Having the same issue here
              Be Happy

Comment

• juliescraps
                Layout Whiz
                • Aug 2007

my print preview does not show as a clear preview either.

Comment

• Gotart
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TheFreeSpirit View Post
                  Hi

Does it make any difference if you change the preferences: Edit, Preferences. I've attached a screenshot.

I can't really tell as I am currently on my notebook and the screen isn't really big enough to tell if there's a difference.

Blessings - FS xx
                  I went in & played with this area. It made no difference in my print preview & I tried with making a brand new LO.. I do use my print preview a lot as I am so visual and I can see what the final product will look like before I publish it. Also I have problem with my rulers & it helps me judge my work. I just hate going back to V.1 with a few of my projects. Thanks for your help & Happy Thanksgiving!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

I hardly ever use print preview. That is why I never noticed it. I just publish it and that way I can enlarge it and check it out. If it is not quit right, I redo it and publish it again.

Comment

• Gotart
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                      I hardly ever use print preview. That is why I never noticed it. I just publish it and that way I can enlarge it and check it out. If it is not quit right, I redo it and publish it again.
                      For some reason when I publish it, it is very slow & I quess I get real impatient to correct..

sigpic

Comment

• MaggieMae
                        Digi Sage
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
                        For some reason when I publish it, it is very slow & I quess I get real impatient to correct..
                        I noticed this, too. It takes forever to publish a file - even for the web. Usually, I just get up and go do something. I don't remember it taking this long in V1 - but I'm not sure. It seems extraordinarily slow to me.
                        Julie

Comment

• Lorne
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jan 2006

The output quality in 2.0 is much higher than 1.0. Higher quality = more computer power needed, basically.

On fast computers you won't notice the difference, but those of you with older computers may notice some slowdown.

By the way -- I've improved the print preview a little bit for 2.0.3.0.

The print preview is actually still done the same way it was in 1.0. The only difference was that we reduced the size of the temporary bitmap that gets created in order to reduce the amount of memory needed and speed up the preview.

Whoever took care of that went a bit too far so I've doubled the size of the bitmap for 2.0.3.0.
                          Lorne ( )
                          Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• juliescraps
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Aug 2007

Thank you very much Lorne, all the work you have been putting into this is very much appreciated.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                              Digi Sage
                              • May 2006

Thanks for the explanation, Lorne! As much as I hate to think it, my computer is getting a bit old! I don't mind the wait for publishing - I'd rather wait right now than have to get a new, faster computer!! LOL I was wondering how the print preview was so fast!! I use it to check that everything is within the borders but not to look at it closely.
                              Last edited by MaggieMae; 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM.
                              Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X