X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forever-ru
    • Nov 2009

Help!

Isn't there a phone number we can call with questions? I haven't even bought the program yet, and I'm annoyed already that I can't get my questions answered. I've spent HOURS looking around on the site, registering for forums, searching help lists, etc! I sure hope I don't waste this much time when I start scrapbooking, otherwise I might as well go back to paper and glue!!!
    How big is the actual program...one place says 5GB and another says 100MB? Huge difference in size! I'm afraid my computer will time out before a 5GB download finishes.
  • Scrapbook MAX!
    Your Host, Gracie!
    • Jan 2006

This is the right place for your questions!

The Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 software is a 74 MB download.

The 'Life is Beautiful' Expansion Pack is 429 MB.

The 'Back to School' Expansion Pack is 488 MB.

The 'Bundle of Joy' Expansion Pack is 453 MB.

Also, where did you see 5 GB mentioned? I'd like to make sure that gets corrected!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• daisydilly
      • Apr 2009

I'm not sure of the actual size but my computer had plenty of space and usually there is someone to answer your questions. SBM is very easy to learn and is a great program. It's about to get some great upgrades so try not to give up just yet as someone will help you

Comment

• forever-ru
        • Nov 2009

thanks for the help

Thank you for the quick response...I felt like I was lost in a maze of forums, threads, and links! Here is the page that mentioned "minimum system requirements" to check before ordering. It doesn't specifically say the original program is 5 GB, but leads one to believe the program is huge if that much space is needed when ordering.

Comment

• Cougar
          • Sep 2009

Any program that uses primarily graphics files will require a lot of disk space!

You can see from the download size of the graphic packs around 500mb that once downloaded they will expand considerably as they are compressed files to quicken download.

In this modern era of PC storage when you can buy a USB drive that has a capacity of 1TB (Terabyte) for under £100 pounds and new PC's have at least 500GB of storage, 5GB is minimal.

I remember a time when I had my first PC that I lusted after a 50MB hard drive and the cost was several hundred pounds

For the technophobes out there a Terabyte equals 1024 GB and in terms you can relate to that equals nearly nine thousand floppy disks!

Imagine having to carry that lot around!

Personally I think ScrapbookMax is an excellent program ideally suited for the job and as you will discover if you decide to buy it, these forums will invariably give you the answer.

One thing anyone posting should remember is that this is an International forum and when you post the person with the answer may well be tucked up in bed on the other side of the world so be patient.

Chris

Comment

• MrsPeel
            • Feb 2009

Another thing I would like to add to what Cougar has said very well is the fact that, before I was even thinking on buying it, I mailed Gracie and got first class treatment.
            She directed me as to how to be able to work SBM in Mac, then every little question I had, not one of my emails was l;eft unanswered....
            Then there is the fact that in here (forums) everyone is always ready to answer any questions one can have (and trust me, I had LOTS LOL)
            I think you ll love SBM
            If you do go for an extrenal hard drive, here in England the best I got was the Seagate Free Agent, one I had for almost 3 years, is 500GB and I havent used not even half up, that cost me £54 on a sale, it cost more or less same now on regular price, I bought just this week a 1TB (double) and payed £72... it will not only allow you to send all your files there, but also will every day back up your computer....and is plug and use...

I'm sure you ll love the program, I know I m falling in love with it more and more the more I use it! and most of my learning to use it has been here in the forums
            I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Comment

Working...
            X