+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    Confounded, Eng... How many times do I have to ask you not to talk about me in the forum? I thought we were pals. You letting every one know every thing I tell you!!!

Confounded, Eng... How many times do I have to ask you not to talk about me in the forum? I thought we were pals. You letting every one know every thing I tell you!!!

I build my own computers (as in buy the parts and put them together). I have had more go out than I care to count in hte last 15 years. Usually though it is the power supply not the motherboard that goes out.

I keep 3 going around here. Last time my own motherboard went out I couldn't afford to get a new one cause would have had to buy all new other parts as they keep coming up with new standards that don't match the old parts so went to a junk shop and got a used one. It is slow but works and that is what really counts.

Keyboards is my big "I fried it" They tend to drown a lot

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    I build my own computers (as in buy the parts and put them together). I have had more go out than I care to count in hte last 15 years. Usually though it is the power supply not the motherboard that goes out.

I keep 3 going around here. Last time my own motherboard went out I couldn't afford to get a new one cause would have had to buy all new other parts as they keep coming up with new standards that don't match the old parts so went to a junk shop and got a used one. It is slow but works and that is what really counts.

Keyboards is my big "I fried it" They tend to drown a lot
    HAHAHA..Funny you should mention this. I have been putting computers together since I bought my first at radio Shack back in 89(?) I have 3 computers in the house...and not a single one of them can I mix parts in! I was ticked! Oh well...I will tell you this....if you have more than 2 XTHD's hooked up make sure you buy a bigger fan! I have never had a board fry. It has always been a HD or something else. I too am hard on Keyboards. I decided to buy more memory for Mikki's computer and just wait till I get my new one configured and shipped

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.