• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

Might be off

I am taking my puter to the shop. It is still getting the blue stop screen. I went for a while with out any trouble but got it again yesterday. I don't know if they will keep it or not. It is also having problems with the drives for the camera slot and the CD. They have to send it in to fix those. So I may or may not be on for a while.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]
  • Smile
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2006

Hay Sue I am so sorry you are so Blue..........I like that ......tell them to fix it real soon or they will have a bunch of ladies beating down there door....xoxo
    Attached Files
    sigpic....

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sacannon View Post
      I am taking my puter to the shop. It is still getting the blue stop screen. I went for a while with out any trouble but got it again yesterday. I don't know if they will keep it or not. It is also having problems with the drives for the camera slot and the CD. They have to send it in to fix those. So I may or may not be on for a while.
      I reformatted my computer and it fixed my blue screen problem. It is a bit of work, but it resets everything and cleans everything out. It is something you may be able to do at home yourself. A little extra work, but saves a lot of money.

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Oh Sue you did not need this,Hope you get it working.
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

Well, I am back and they basically told me there was nothing wrong with it. They checked for errors and there was just one shortly before the last blue screen I got yesterday. They assumed that triggered it. It was an error with my windows live. messenger. I remembered that when I logged on it said that there was an update available, and it wouldn't just let me log in w/o updating it. Shortly later it crashed. So after I brought it home today, the same thing came up so I tried it again just to see. I crashed again. So it was related (this time) to windows live messenger.

It appears that the update must not like my Windows XP. So I guess I won't be able to use it.

The guy at the store recommended upgrating to Windows 7. He said some of the updates to some programs won't be compatible any more. So it is something to think about. I don't want to buy another computer right now, that is for sure.

As far as my CD Drive and my Camera Card Drive, he said to go to the web site and down load the latest driver. He said the drives are working, so they probably just need updated.

So, is this good or bad news????? At least I still have my puter!
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Sounds fair advice Sue. From what I'm told Windows 7 is awesome
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
            X