• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrsPeel
    • Feb 2009

More hand writing fonts in the text editor

I know the text editor is amazing.

But I find that the fonts that write as in a handwriting, which are good for journaling, are very few, and the one I would be using is very light, have to wtick around a lot to make it show better or fit into the space and still be readable...

Fonts like Edwardian Script, English, Mistral,Rage italic LT, Brush Mt Script, those would be amazing if possible
    the brodway font was another one I used quiet a lot...
    thanks!
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

You can find most of these fonts for free on the net. Just install them into your fonts folder and they are available to use in SBM.

Comment

• MrsPeel
      • Feb 2009

Hi Marion, thanks!

but, how? just google it and then download like a PNG?
      how would I send them to SBM?
      I'm afraid I m a bit of a dinosaur when it come to computers, but can learn!
      would love to have those fonts!

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Comment

• mh51
        Scrap Guru
        • Jul 2006

Are you familiar with ZIP files, as these fonts are downloaded in that format...???

Comment

• MrsPeel
          • Feb 2009

mh51: thanks and yes, I'm on Mac so the files kind of *unzip* themselves as they come in. The only thing I do is organize them (when I buy or get freebies in stores) I move them from my downloads to an external hard drive where I have separate folders ...if using SBM simply drag and drop, when we use in the PC grab them in a memory key and bring them into the PC into my Pictures folders, because the PC is not good for online....

my querie is: how would I get them to be inside the SBM text editor?
          I found (by googling) a site called 101 free fonts, which downloads for Mac also, but once they are here it ask to install them?
          I left them there to see if someone here knows what do do....and also only downloaded one as I wasn't sure if the site was trustable or not....Mac rarely gets viruses, but you know...better not tempt fate...

Any helps on this would be more than appreciated!
          Thanks.

Comment

• mh51
            Scrap Guru
            • Jul 2006

I've used the Font site you mentioned for the past four years & have had no problems whatsoever... completely trustworthy!!!
            Why not install the one you've downloaded and see if it shows up in the fonts list within SBM.
            will wait so see if this works for you...

Comment

• MrsPeel
              • Feb 2009

Mary, Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!

I have now some really, really amazing fonts....your help is greatly appreciated!
              I cant say I would offer to help you with anything technologycal, but if you ever in London I definitely will cook you some Brazilian delicacies

thanks, I have just discovered a new world !

Comment

• mh51
                Scrap Guru
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by MrsPeel View Post
                Mary, Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!

I have now some really, really amazing fonts....your help is greatly appreciated!
                I cant say I would offer to help you with anything technologycal, but if you ever in London I definitely will cook you some Brazilian delicacies

thanks, I have just discovered a new world !
                OMG... my mouth is watering...!!! Mmmmmmmmm.....

Comment

• MrsPeel
                  • Feb 2009

well, you just let me know when you are coming around to London, it ll be a delight to cook for you

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jan 2008

Mrs Peel, I found a wonderful handwriting font. Its called Jane Austen and you can just google it, I found it on DaFont.com. Its perfect for journalling.

Blessings - FS xx
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                    I walk on a trail of song
                    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• MrsPeel
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TheFreeSpirit View Post
                      Mrs Peel, I found a wonderful handwriting font. Its called Jane Austen and you can just google it, I found it on DaFont.com. Its perfect for journalling.

Blessings - FS xx
                      brilliant font!!!! they have a lot, I got some cool ones
                      Thanks for that!!!!!

Comment

• dillie1
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by TheFreeSpirit View Post

Blessings - FS xx

I was looking for a font and found it on the site you suggested to MrsPeel.-- I want to Thank you for the great suggestion!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jan 2008

You're very welcome, glad it was useful.

Blessings - FS xx
                          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                          I walk on a trail of song
                          And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• MrsPeel
                            • Feb 2009

there is this one too:

the 1001 fonts, just click here!

Comment

• dillie1
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Aug 2009

Great--Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X