+ Reply to Thread

Default Help in cropping a picture into a circle

I'm still using v. 1, but am unsure if there is a way that I can crop a picture into a circle? I have tried double clicking on the picture and choosing "custom shape". However, if I change it to one that looks like a circle on there, it keeps coming up with an oval shape. I am trying to crop the picture into a circle so that I can fit it in a pre-made template that has a circle. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks so much!

when you click crop, next to it there is a *keep aspect* box that is ticked.
    untick, then manually make it into a circle by dragging the edges of the figure....

when the *keep aspect* thingy is clicked, it will keep the idea of the foto you have, so, when it's a rectangle, it will think you want to *keep the aspect*once you unclick, it should let you make it into a circle.
    hope it helps
    I myself am very new here (not to scrapping though) and I'm finding out by trial and error and the great help the people here are giving me ....
    good luck!
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

You can't crop it into a circle but when you use the shapes they take on the shape of your picture. If you crop it first to a square then use a circle shape it will work.
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by ValerieElaine View Post
    You can't crop it into a circle but when you use the shapes they take on the shape of your picture. If you crop it first to a square then use a circle shape it will work.

it will work if you do it that way (first square, then circle) but if yoy do what I suggested, you ll save time.
    I do it all the time, and get perfect circles....

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Mrs. Peel -- you can do that in version 2.0, but jtribe said she's using version 1.0. The cropping was much less sophisticated in 1.0.

In 2.0 you can actually see the custom shape inside the crop rectangle, so you can size and position the crop/shape more precisely.

The cropping in 2.0 is also non-destructive, so you can go back and uncrop or recrop as many times as you want.

In 1.0, whenever you cropped an image, you were permanently changing the image file, so if you wanted to crop it "bigger" you would have to re-add the photo and start from scratch.

2.0 is a much better tool for cropping.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Thanks for the help! I was able to get it to work now. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    Mrs. Peel -- you can do that in version 2.0, but jtribe said she's using version 1.0. The cropping was much less sophisticated in 1.0.

In 2.0 you can actually see the custom shape inside the crop rectangle, so you can size and position the crop/shape more precisely.

The cropping in 2.0 is also non-destructive, so you can go back and uncrop or recrop as many times as you want.

In 1.0, whenever you cropped an image, you were permanently changing the image file, so if you wanted to crop it "bigger" you would have to re-add the photo and start from scratch.

2.0 is a much better tool for cropping.
    ooopsss, so sorry, didn't realize she was using the older version.

thanks for pointing out to that.