X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shanave
    • Oct 2009

Flipping shapes?

Can anyone tell me if I there is a way to flip shapes? I know how to flip an image but I would really like to be able to flip the shapes around.

Please HELP!

Thank You
  • juliescraps
    Layout Whiz
    • Aug 2007

In v1 you could not I am not sure about v2. I looked and did not see a way to do it in v2 either.

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

I'm going to check that out for you..but if it DOESN't allow you to flip a shape....you can redo the shape to flip it..to do that..

1) create a new layout page about 4x4 inches..300 dpi is good
      2) go to your EMBELLISHMENT feature
      3) look down the opening to the left side and find the BROWSE button
      4) Go to C:Program Files>ScrapbookMax>Gallery>Images> Shapes> and go to the folder and find the shape you want to FLIP..Click on it...and bring in to the layout
      5) Depending on the shape...white with BLACK background..then you will need to go up to your Page on your toolbar...settings...BACKGROUND and click on color BLACK for the background of your page
      6) Stretch your image out by Holding SELECT down and stretch to keep the proportions of the shape. If it's a SQUARE GREAT!! but if not..you will have excess you can redo your page settings to get close enough to the rectangle shape..
      7) Now go to your EFFECTS...FLip Horizontal
      8) Go to File> Images and save as PNG or jpg to the file your original shape was in and NAME it something that will not overwrite the first image..

CONGRATS..That will do it for you!!

sure hope that helps!!
      Hugs,
      donna

Comment

• Lorne
        Super Moderator
        • Jan 2006

autisticwonder, in 2.0.2.0 you can just right-click on the object and choose Save As PNG, you don't need to save the whole page any more.

Bringing the shape in as an image in order to flip it is a pretty neat trick though.
        Lorne ( )
        Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• shanave
          • Oct 2009

This isn't working for me. I saved the fish in my shapes and I can find it but it doesn't change my scrap to look like my shape.

What could I have done wrong. I followed the the instructions twice but I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2008

I tried this yesterday myself and it didn't work.

Now I've just followed Donna's fabulous instructions and ... it didn't work!
            What happens is, the shape flips fine, and shows as a shape in the shape folder. It just doesn't act as a shape when you try to fill it with a paper scrap - your scrap remains in its original state (square) without the shape
            imposing its boundaries at all.

Oh dear. Back to the drawing board.

FS xx
            Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 11-05-2009, 04:39 AM.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
            I walk on a trail of song
            And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2008

Hey!

I just realised that I didn't try saving it as a JPG as Donna also suggested ....

Trala! It works that way!

So shanave try following Donna's instructions but go to Page; Save as Image and choose JPG instead of PNG, but save it in your shapes folder under a suitable name.

Blessings - FS x
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• shanave
                • Oct 2009

Yay, it works! So I guess you can't save it as a .png file. What jpeg quality and preset should you select?

Thank you for the help. Now I just hope I remember this for the next time.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2008

Hi

Because I had already made the page smaller as Donna suggested, I then just set the Full page: 90 setting which worked fine.

As for remembering, why don't you copy the instructions into a blank doc, or even paste the link into an email and send it to yourself. I know I need to do something several times before it really becomes habit.

Blessings - FS xx

Comment

Working...
                  X