X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrym0391
    • Dec 2007

Help me please regarding zip files

I'm kind of frustrated. I have gone to the designer stores for Scrapbook Max and when I try to download a freebie, it is in zip form. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable free software to unzip files? I am wary to download just any free software for unzipping but I feel like I'm missing out on some nice freebies from the designers here at Scrapbook Max. I have been buying kits and embellishments from the SBM store, but I would love to get a freebie here and there also, and would love to follow some of "our" designers. Any help would be appreciated. Terry
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

If you're using Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 you can just double-click on zip files to open them (like folders).

I personally use 7-zip for working with zip files. It's the best zip tool out there, and it's free.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
      If you're using Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 you can just double-click on zip files to open them (like folders).

I personally use 7-zip for working with zip files. It's the best zip tool out there, and it's free.
      Lorne, if you see this - I've been using ExtractNow for years and I'm used to it! LOL Is it worth it to change to 7-Zip, do you think? I went to the website but didn't understand all the compression ratios, etc.
      Julie

Comment

• terrym0391
        • Dec 2007

I do have Vista, and many times I've clicked on but it asks me which program to use to unzip, it doesn't just unzip them. I will definitely look into the two softwares that are mentioned 7 zip and extract now, thank you so much!

Comment

• juliescraps
          Layout Whiz
          • Aug 2007

I use extract now

Comment

• terrym0391
            • Dec 2007

Just a follow up question, do you guys unzip files and then rename the unzipped files with smb or smt extensions to import them into scrapbook max?

Comment

• daisydilly
              • Apr 2009

a friend and designer introduced me to Alzip-it unzips all types of files. I love it

Comment

• nannybernie
                Mad Scrapper
                • Apr 2009

booster pack program in sharing embellishments folder

If you go into the embellishments section of the forum, there is a sticky in there on how to put embellishments into format for sbm, there is a downloadable program there that you can use to put all your files you download that aren't already in the correct format for sbm, they package them up into a booster pack that once done can be put into sbm. Very easy to use, I do it all the time with my own embellies and those I download from other designers who package in zip files only. hope this helps.
                All the best from Nanny Bernie.
                Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X