• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gotart
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2006

Fitting the screen

Has anyone had the problem of the LO not fitting your screen work area in SBM2?

Under the view area, zoom level, I have always had it checked to " fit all". I cannot fit it. It is about a half to a full inch off. I have to move my entire Lo up and down to view my full composition while working on it. It takes a lot longer to do a LO.
    I also notice when I move it up and down the side ruler size does not change while the top does.

I then did a page for a friend & it was landscape size & it was not even close to fitting the screen. I would zoom in & out & it was not visable enough to work on & went into version1 & started all over..

Does anyone have any answers?
    Thanks,
    Terry

sigpic

• Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

Could you upload a screenshot?

When you say "I would zoom in and out," what method are you using to zoom in and out?

If you have it set to Fit All, the only way you should have scroll bars (and thus be able to scroll it around) is if you have an object that extends off the page.

Thanks for reporting the ruler issue -- I've confirmed that as a bug. The ruler is supposed to follow the page when you scroll.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• juliescraps
      Layout Whiz
      • Aug 2007

I have not had this same problem. Hope someone can come along and help out soon.

Comment

• Gotart
        Mad Scrapper
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
        Could you upload a screenshot?

When you say "I would zoom in and out," what method are you using to zoom in and out?

If you have it set to Fit All, the only way you should have scroll bars (and thus be able to scroll it around) is if you have an object that extends off the page.

Thanks for reporting the ruler issue -- I've confirmed that as a bug. The ruler is supposed to follow the page when you scroll.
        I can't figure out how to upload a screenshot????

sigpic

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

I've had the same problem but didn't want to mention it for fear I was the only one with this issue (like my font problems - lol). It's been driving me crazy. Fit All used to include the entire layout - now the layout is just a bit bigger than the space so you have to go up a little, then down a little - the only way to see the whole layout is to zoom out and then it's too small! This isn't a sometimes thing - it's a constant problem. It would be so great to have it all fit on the screen like in V.1.

Even though it's set to Fit All there are scroll bars because it doesn't fit.
          Julie

Comment

• Lorne
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

Fit All still includes the whole layout. It's the same as in version 1.0.

And, just like in 1.0, if you have an object that goes beyond the page, you will get scroll bars so that you can scroll out to see all of the object -- even in Fit All mode.

So, if you're in Fit All mode and you see scroll bars, look for objects that are extending beyond the page. Move them (or remove them) and the scroll bars will disappear.

Oh, and remember that you can zoom in and out by very small amounts if you want -- hold the Ctrl key and then roll your mouse wheel up or down to zoom in or out.

2.0 lets you zoom by very small increments, so unless you've left an object waaaaay off the page you should be able to find a zoom level that includes all your objects without any scroll bars.
            Lorne ( )

Comment

• MaggieMae
              Digi Sage
              • May 2006

I need to check for objects or hidden objects off the page. It occurs with every layout, so it doesn't seem likely every layout will have overhanging objects, but I'm going to check it out!
              Julie

Comment

• Gotart
                Mad Scrapper
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                Fit All still includes the whole layout. It's the same as in version 1.0.

And, just like in 1.0, if you have an object that goes beyond the page, you will get scroll bars so that you can scroll out to see all of the object -- even in Fit All mode.

So, if you're in Fit All mode and you see scroll bars, look for objects that are extending beyond the page. Move them (or remove them) and the scroll bars will disappear.

Oh, and remember that you can zoom in and out by very small amounts if you want -- hold the Ctrl key and then roll your mouse wheel up or down to zoom in or out.

2.0 lets you zoom by very small increments, so unless you've left an object waaaaay off the page you should be able to find a zoom level that includes all your objects without any scroll bars.
                I don't have this problem with version 1. I have gone back into version 1 & my entire, for example 8x8 page(the white part is available). Not in version 2 & not every LO is the same. If I try to stretch a paper from one corner of the white space to the opposite bottom, I cannot do it in one step as the bounding box will not go to the bottom. I have used the new zoom out but if I do a print preview or a change I have to play with the zoom instead of fit screen... Also my whiteworking space doesn't always match the ruler size usually a touch over of the space & then I over play to get my edges to be what I want without white edges or cutting off... Just a lot more steps & time consuming...

sigpic

Comment

• Lorne
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
                  I can't figure out how to upload a screenshot????
                  Make sure the Scrapbook MAX! window is active.

Press Alt + Print Screen.

Open Microsoft Paint, and paste the image using Edit > Paste. Then save the file using File > Save As.

Close Microsoft Paint.

Attach the image file that you just saved to a reply in this thread: while writing your reply, scroll down, click the Manage Attachments button, and then upload the image file from your computer.

OR: use a free online service like http://www.uploadscreenshot.com/ and follow their instructions to include the screenshots in your reply.
                  Lorne ( )

Comment

• MaggieMae
                    Digi Sage
                    • May 2006

I'm going to try to attach a screen shot - here goes!!
                    Attached Files
                    Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

I also figured out what is causing the irritation - it may be because V2 has very little space around the project and is more sensitive. I'm going back to V1 to see if there's a tad more room around the current project for objects that have invisible space outside the project area. In the above screenshot the stitches have areas that are invisible but take up room outside the project space. In order to place them where I'd like them, the invisible space falls outside the project and then I have to scroll up and down. I hope this makes sense, Lorne, because I don't know all the technical terms.

I never used to zoom out to accomodate this but the zoom is now really fine tuned and it works to zoom out just enough to see the whole project. Almost always there will be some element with its boundaries outside the project space, so Fit All may not work well enough.

Thanks so much for always taking the time to address all the issues. Hey - and thanks for the easy instructions on posting a screenshot!!
                      Julie

Comment

• Gotart
                        Mad Scrapper
                        • Nov 2006

It took me awhile to figure out how to save a screenshot... I made an 8x10 page. The first is a Zoomed in page. The second is my design area on fit to page area.

My regular 8x8's are further off the page than Julies (MaggieMaes.)
                        Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
                          It took me awhile to figure out how to save a screenshot... I made an 8x10 page. The first is a Zoomed in page. The second is my design area on fit to page area.

My regular 8x8's are further off the page than Julies (MaggieMaes.)
                          My goodness - I haven't done an 8X10 in V.2 yet - but that's really going to increase your scrolling around. So far, mine has been just enough to be irritating (as shown in my screenshot).
                          Julie

Comment

• Gotart
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Nov 2006

I just found another thing. I have a magazine page I made and it fits like the 8X10 I made. So I scroll out to work on it. I still cannot work at the bottom of the LO as all the extra room is fulled at the top.

sigpic

Comment

• Lorne
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jan 2006

Can you press Ctrl+A to select all the objects, and then take another screenshot with all of them selected?

I'd like to confirm whether those objects are extending beyond the edge of the page.
                              Lorne ( )

Comment

Working...
                              X